Skip to main content

October 8, 2018

Yeah General Conference was absolutely outstanding. We had breakfast and watched General Conference with a member family and they invited their neighbors from across the street. The funny thing was we talked about what happens after we die, the struggles we go through and others around us go through, and it was all talked about during General Conference. The wife was super excited about everything, so hopefully we'll have the opportunity to teach and share the gospel with the both of them soon. The two hour block is going to be kind of weird, but super nice. I guess we'll just have to see how it goes. Then all those temples, some of them were really close to China, so who knows, it could be opening up sometime in the near future. 

Elida is doing really well. She passed her baptismal interview and is really excited for it coming up! She invited a ton of her family and said there'll probably be about 14 of them, so I'm hoping and praying a lot of members come to support her as well. It'll be her birthday as well, so we are super excited for her! I know, I know, I'll make sure to take plenty of pictures for you this week, I'm getting a tiny bit better, but its progress! 

Super glad to hear about how everything is going back home. Sounds like Bryson is having a ton of fun over there, and it stinkin snowed?! Oh wait its Pinetop, for some reason my thought process was "Gilbert doesnt get snow, what in the world?!" But I'm glad he's having fun, that little stinker is gonna get a kick in the behind for every week he forgets to email... But otherwise thanks for those encouraging words, I'm trying to do what I can, and do it even better. Elder Utchdorf's quote about" Believe, Love, and Do" has been sticking with me so hopefully I can use the gospel to improve my actions as well. That's one thing I've been trying to do better with, is trying to reach out and love like Jesus Christ does, I'm going to try and have a better conscious about it. 

Sounds like its crazy as ever over there. On our end over here, we got to go to the Squash Farm again and do a lot of demolition. We put roof tiles around trees and smashed them with a hammer, got to also try and punch the tile with a gloved hand, big mistake, my knuckles hurt for a good bit, the feet are much more effective. Then we also got to catch some mice in the stake building... Lets just say we spent a good amount of time trying to catch about 5 mice in the building in between sessions. Extremely entertaining though. Just imagine 6 missionaries running around the building and in rooms trying to catch mice with the church garbage cans. Now you have seen it all. Then last night while we were walking around we talked to this older man who told us a rocket was going off in a couple minutes, so we sat and watched with him as this test rocket shot off into the air and soared across the sky. It was pretty sweet to watch. 

Whats the rest of the plans for Fall Break? And yeah, it has started to cool down, but I'm nice and cozy so no need to worry over here. The only thing I have to worry about is it gets dark at 7:00PM so thats fun. But we are working with it. LOVE YOU MOMMA!! I'll try and respond to emails today. Keep warm over there!! 

- Elder Brimhall





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 30, 2018

We had a mission conference yesterday so our preparation day got switched today for the time being. But we might be having a temple trip sometime this next month in November, but I'll try and warn you and everyone in advance. I honestly dont know if I will, just thinking about it makes me queasy. I know that trials are for the better, but I really really really want it to be done. Truly. I'm going to be sending a letter to the Mulder's sometime today or tomorrow, cause I am thankful for them. I dont even know anymore honestly.  Yeah I heard about Elder Noorlander's little brother coming to the mission a couple weeks back. Everyone here was honestly shocked, because as far as I know that's never happened. He comes into the mission sometime in December I believe. Well my new companion is Elder Singleton, and as far as I am concerned I hope and pray I only stay with him for this one and only transfer. He was trained by actually my trainer (my 2nd one), Elder Chris

January 14, 2019

Yup transfers happened today and Elder McLaughlin is leaving to go finish training another Elder who just came out 6 weeks ago. He'll do great out there, I'm getting Elder Johnson (he came out into the mission when I was in my 4th transfer in Ontario) and he's from North Carolina! I've served around him quite a bit so this'll be fun! I think PDay will still be the same. We can email from our phones and not everything is closed so it'll be fine, what holiday is coming up? I don't know anything so far as of right now concerning my mission reassignment. It'll probably be talked about later in the future, still up in the air but I believe President Taylor has been talking with the neighboring missions concerning what'll happen.  Mary did pass her baptismal interview though this past Wednesday! She's super excited for her baptism coming up really soon. We started making her baptismal program for her and inviting everyone we know to come and attend.

August 20, 2018

Alright Question time: 1. How'd the week go? Well we had zone conferences so we had it in the desert and the valley so that took out a good chunk of time during the day. But I was able to learn a lot regarding studies and how can we get more out of them. After all the purpose of studying is rooting ourselves more in the gospel and replenishing our understanding. I feel like if we have a purpose of why we are studying or praying to learn about new things it'll be given unto us. 2. Anything exciting? Well recently our mission and a couple missions ran into a little problem. All the missions with technology using the MaaS360 app had a pretty harsh thing happen. Somehow all the apps or things we use got disabled and removed so we no longer have our Area Book Planner, Facebook Messenger, and a ton of other apps that are to make the work move forward. Lots of missionaries called us this morning. I counted 22 phone calls and 11 text messages from all different missionaries