Skip to main content

Hi Momma!

Yeah I am in a new area, and in a new apartment which is a lot nicer than the older one I stayed in, just has a lot more room (I forgot to take pictures which I promise to do that). It's just me and Elder de La Torre in this apartment. From what I can tell you Elder de La Torre is from Las Vegas, Nevada which is super close to our mission and it turns out he is actually a "trial missionary" and he might be staying in this mission or be called to somewhere else. His mom is a member and his father is currently investigating in the church so it's pretty cool. He loves music and played in a mariachi band for a little while and did orchestra so he is pretty awesome, and he speaks fluent spanish which helps when we run into a lot of spanish speaking people here in Ontario. 
Yeah it is kind of crazy how fast time has flown by honestly, I feel like I've been here for awhile even though I haven't and even though the end is far away it seems to be coming up kind of quickly, really scary to think about honestly. 

That's awesome that you bore your testimony, we actually had Stake Conference this Saturday and Sunday and the Apostle Elder Dallin H. Oaks was there along with Elder Gent of the 70 were there to speak. I honestly loved what he shared with everyone during the meeting, he talked about how the gospel isn't an intellectual thing, its straight from the heart and a direct line to Jesus Christ and our Father in heaven. And a lot of really cool stories were shared but my time is limited and I'm trying to keep it short-ish.

Me and Elder de La Torre have been getting along really well actually, we work well together and we are like a "Spanglish" Missionary Companionship because he speaks Spanish and I speak English so it's a power move. And also being in a bike area we get to bike around a lot and it really does work out the legs so its pretty fantastic. On top of that I haven't been able to really meet the ward yet but with the people I have met its going to be pretty fun here and I hope I can do everything I can for the people here in this area. The investigators we have really have a want and desire and I pray I'll be the one to help them along their path as they make those decisions. 

That is fun that the kids are already picking out movies for me to watch, I'm going to be on a month long movie marathon if they keep it up to the end of my mission. Any who I love you so much and hope everything goes well for everyone back home!

From,
Elder Brimhall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 30, 2018

We had a mission conference yesterday so our preparation day got switched today for the time being. But we might be having a temple trip sometime this next month in November, but I'll try and warn you and everyone in advance. I honestly dont know if I will, just thinking about it makes me queasy. I know that trials are for the better, but I really really really want it to be done. Truly. I'm going to be sending a letter to the Mulder's sometime today or tomorrow, cause I am thankful for them. I dont even know anymore honestly.  Yeah I heard about Elder Noorlander's little brother coming to the mission a couple weeks back. Everyone here was honestly shocked, because as far as I know that's never happened. He comes into the mission sometime in December I believe. Well my new companion is Elder Singleton, and as far as I am concerned I hope and pray I only stay with him for this one and only transfer. He was trained by actually my trainer (my 2nd one), Elder Chris

January 14, 2019

Yup transfers happened today and Elder McLaughlin is leaving to go finish training another Elder who just came out 6 weeks ago. He'll do great out there, I'm getting Elder Johnson (he came out into the mission when I was in my 4th transfer in Ontario) and he's from North Carolina! I've served around him quite a bit so this'll be fun! I think PDay will still be the same. We can email from our phones and not everything is closed so it'll be fine, what holiday is coming up? I don't know anything so far as of right now concerning my mission reassignment. It'll probably be talked about later in the future, still up in the air but I believe President Taylor has been talking with the neighboring missions concerning what'll happen.  Mary did pass her baptismal interview though this past Wednesday! She's super excited for her baptism coming up really soon. We started making her baptismal program for her and inviting everyone we know to come and attend.

August 20, 2018

Alright Question time: 1. How'd the week go? Well we had zone conferences so we had it in the desert and the valley so that took out a good chunk of time during the day. But I was able to learn a lot regarding studies and how can we get more out of them. After all the purpose of studying is rooting ourselves more in the gospel and replenishing our understanding. I feel like if we have a purpose of why we are studying or praying to learn about new things it'll be given unto us. 2. Anything exciting? Well recently our mission and a couple missions ran into a little problem. All the missions with technology using the MaaS360 app had a pretty harsh thing happen. Somehow all the apps or things we use got disabled and removed so we no longer have our Area Book Planner, Facebook Messenger, and a ton of other apps that are to make the work move forward. Lots of missionaries called us this morning. I counted 22 phone calls and 11 text messages from all different missionaries