Skip to main content

Hello Mom and Dad!

Thanksgiving was really awesome, we had dinner with a family where they have 5 boys and we got to spend our one dinner with them for that night. Got to eat deviled eggs, ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, crackers and cheese with ham, chili, some barbecue hotdogs, and lots of other food which was amazing! Everything else over here is going very well though! Although Elder Olson got sick for a day and we had to drive to an Urgent Care outside our zone so that was fun. Elder Olson is pretty much the same height as me and everything, why do you ask? I don't think its cold enough to get any extra layers of clothes or anything but thanks! That's awesome that everyone of the kids is doing well and doing the things they love! Funny how as soon as I leave you start having missionaries over for dinner, maybe we'll have to invite some more when I get back from my mission or something. Um I don't know anything about plans for Christmas yet but I'll email you when I find out the details and such for everything, still new here so I don't know exactly much in general, but everything's going A-OKAY.

Update for the Week:
Started off the week with District Meeting, my very first one to ever coordinate and it went really well actually. Elder Olson did a past training he had done in the past and zone leader Elder Richins shared a thought about the scriptures with Barabus and Jesus and everything tied in together with Love and Testimony which was super amazing. On top of that lots of appointments have been falling through (as usual) because of Thanksgiving week and its the desert so everyone's schedules are pretty whacked. Had Thanksgiving with a family called the Whites and it was a ton of fun! Me and Elder Olson on Friday were able to provide service at a Homeless Shelter and after a follow up visit in the afternoon we helped a random guy trim his palm tree which had black mold so we got to use a machete. Saturday unfortunately Elder Olson got sick from something which we later found out was an allergic reaction to the palm tree dust and so everything just kind of sucked that day. But otherwise everything here has been going VERY WELL!

Ideas for Christmas, I honestly have no clue on anything. Maybe just some basic ties that are solid red or blue color? Sounds boring but I can't really think of anything while out here on a mission. I gave Bryson a pretty cool idea that would be sweet to have in the email I send him. I'll probably leave it up to you guys what to come up with, because the only thing I could think of is just odd stuff that I don't need or really crave to want but it would be cool to have. Guess that's the dilemma when it comes to "focusing" on the work.

I hope and pray you all have a wonderful week with December creeping up and I have a couple pictures to send to everyone. But I love you all and keep up the great work back home!

From,
Elder Brimhall





The Sword is called Anduril forged from the shards of Narsil. It is the sword of Aragorn, descendant of Isildur heir to the throne. Its also known as the Flame of the West or Sword of the King. It was forged by Elrond of Rivendell in the Third Age.
-Elder Olson

My hair was different on that day because I was never able to get a haircut for the longest time but I got it cut recently last week and I'm liking the way it is now. Trying to figure out what suits me best I guess

I got that Hangry Kit package and when I opened it I was laughing maybe a little harder than I should of been. That's just super funny that it was a snack kit and now I'll be loaded on snacks for awhile.

-Another package already? Holey moley you all are on top of the gifts and its not even Christmas yet ðŸ˜‚

Anything fun today? I think the Zone I'm serving in is having a Zone Activity at around 3:00pm today so we'll be playing sports or something after emailing and other things we have to get done.

So that picture actually has a really funny story behind it. After District meeting Elder Olson wanted to eat out at Del Taco with the Zone Leaders for a quick lunch but when we got their he saw a Taco Bell across the street so after some decision we went over there and before we even got to open the door a lady opened the door and said "Welcome Elders you aren't paying for this meal!" The looks on our faces were probably most likely priceless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 30, 2018

We had a mission conference yesterday so our preparation day got switched today for the time being. But we might be having a temple trip sometime this next month in November, but I'll try and warn you and everyone in advance. I honestly dont know if I will, just thinking about it makes me queasy. I know that trials are for the better, but I really really really want it to be done. Truly. I'm going to be sending a letter to the Mulder's sometime today or tomorrow, cause I am thankful for them. I dont even know anymore honestly.  Yeah I heard about Elder Noorlander's little brother coming to the mission a couple weeks back. Everyone here was honestly shocked, because as far as I know that's never happened. He comes into the mission sometime in December I believe. Well my new companion is Elder Singleton, and as far as I am concerned I hope and pray I only stay with him for this one and only transfer. He was trained by actually my trainer (my 2nd one), Elder Chris

January 14, 2019

Yup transfers happened today and Elder McLaughlin is leaving to go finish training another Elder who just came out 6 weeks ago. He'll do great out there, I'm getting Elder Johnson (he came out into the mission when I was in my 4th transfer in Ontario) and he's from North Carolina! I've served around him quite a bit so this'll be fun! I think PDay will still be the same. We can email from our phones and not everything is closed so it'll be fine, what holiday is coming up? I don't know anything so far as of right now concerning my mission reassignment. It'll probably be talked about later in the future, still up in the air but I believe President Taylor has been talking with the neighboring missions concerning what'll happen.  Mary did pass her baptismal interview though this past Wednesday! She's super excited for her baptism coming up really soon. We started making her baptismal program for her and inviting everyone we know to come and attend.

August 20, 2018

Alright Question time: 1. How'd the week go? Well we had zone conferences so we had it in the desert and the valley so that took out a good chunk of time during the day. But I was able to learn a lot regarding studies and how can we get more out of them. After all the purpose of studying is rooting ourselves more in the gospel and replenishing our understanding. I feel like if we have a purpose of why we are studying or praying to learn about new things it'll be given unto us. 2. Anything exciting? Well recently our mission and a couple missions ran into a little problem. All the missions with technology using the MaaS360 app had a pretty harsh thing happen. Somehow all the apps or things we use got disabled and removed so we no longer have our Area Book Planner, Facebook Messenger, and a ton of other apps that are to make the work move forward. Lots of missionaries called us this morning. I counted 22 phone calls and 11 text messages from all different missionaries