Skip to main content

October 14, 2018

Dear Elder Brimhall!
It's been an emotional few days! Friday night your mission president called dad to let him know that he was worried about you. He shared how much you've been struggling. I'm so sorry! I can't pretend that I know what it's like to be a missionary, but every single person that I've talked to that has either served a mission...or is a parent of a missionary...has shared how hard it is and how much they struggled at times. And often struggled for much of their mission. We all have our agency though. And just as I can do my best and give my all as a mom, I don't get to make my childrens choices. And if my children make a wrong choice, it doesn't mean I'm not a good mom or that I'm not doing the right thing. It just means they have their own agency and get to chose for themselves. Just like if people you teach decide not to get baptized, it's their choice. They have their own agency. Even though you know how much it would bless their lives, they still get to chose. You are a great missionary! President said so. He said you are doing all of the right things. You are obedient. And you know how to work. He said he doesn't want to lose you. He wants you to stay. The mission is more for you than it is even for those that you serve. You can learn lessons there you won't learn anywhere else. You are an amazing example to your little brothers and all of your little cousins. We all joined in fasting and prayer for you today. It's an amazing feeling to know you can make a few phone calls and send a few texts, and all of the sudden an army of people who care for you. I felt the strength of the prayers today, as I know some were said for me today as well. It's hard being a momma and knowing one of your kiddos is struggling. Oh how I want to throw my arms around your neck and tell you how much I love and adore you! But I also know you are where you need to be. I hope you know I will love you forever! If you decide to stay. If you decide to come home. Either choice can not change how much I love you!
I text President and asked if you've had a priesthood blessing. Have you? I love the insight I get from every priesthood blessing I receive...and mostly love to hear how my Heavenly Father is aware of me individually. He knows exactly how you feel. Have you read your patriarchal blessing lately?
Dad mentioned that President said you feel like you are wasting your time? Can you help me understand what you mean?
Also, dad asked me to send you some Axio. Do you remember drinking that at home? Bryson and I like to mix the Axio with a packet of lemonade in our big hydro flask type water bottle. Do you still have your "Elder Brimhall" water bottle we sent you for Christmas? We put one packet of the lemonade mix and one packet of Axio with lots of ice and water and drink it up. Yum! It's good for your brain too! We like to mix the Raspberry Axio with the regular lemonade. And we like to mix the Green Grape Axio with the peach lemonade mix. We drink one every single day. Let me know if you like them, if you like a flavor better than the other. (I'm sending it tomorrow). Did you get your "fall" package?
Your cousin Maddox is getting baptized this coming Saturday. It's also the Halloween carnival in our cul-de-sac. I will be in Tucson for the weekend with Savannah for a dance workshop.
President mentioned that he might have you see a counselor. Bryson has gone to see my counselor a few times and is doing somewhat better. I believe in counselors...especially if you can find one that is a good fit. Dad wants to have some blood tests done on you as well. We went and had Bryson and Savannah get their blood drawn too. It just helps to know what vitamins they need.
Are you eating well? Plenty of fruits and vegetables?
We spent the last part of our fall break in Greer. We decided to rent a cabin there when Grant heard us talking about Greer and said, "Where's Greer?" I was like...wait, what? How do you not remember Greer? We went to the pumpkin patch in Snowflake on Friday with dad's cousins and their kids and his aunt and uncle. I'll download some pictures from my camera and send a few. We enjoyed some drives through the aspen trees with the leaves changing, caught a couple of fish, played some board games, and made some good food. Pretty chill. But it was nice.
Jarom, there are so many people who love you! So many people who are praying for you. And cheering for you. And wishing the best for you. People telling me that they were excited to fast for you. So many people sending me texts saying "I love that sweet boy of yours". Aunt Jen "he is such an amazing young man and has such a noble spirit! I am so blessed to be his aunt!" Your aunts Brittny and Kody (not active in the church) saying they will pray for you and that they love you. Becca and her family just dropped by with a "bag of sunshine" and telling us that they love you and are praying for all of us. Randa said she was grateful for the chance to unite in faith on your behalf. Elder Brimhall, you are loved by many!
How was the baptism on Saturday?
Elder Brimhall, I ADORE you! That will never change! Focus on the things you do each day as you show obedience. Follow the mission rules. Feel the joy from living those rules. Focus on the growth in yourself as you read and study the scriptures and word of God. Do your best to make someone smile. Find opportunities to give service. Forget yourself and go to work. And know you're not alone in your feelings.
Love,
Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 30, 2018

We had a mission conference yesterday so our preparation day got switched today for the time being. But we might be having a temple trip sometime this next month in November, but I'll try and warn you and everyone in advance. I honestly dont know if I will, just thinking about it makes me queasy. I know that trials are for the better, but I really really really want it to be done. Truly. I'm going to be sending a letter to the Mulder's sometime today or tomorrow, cause I am thankful for them. I dont even know anymore honestly.  Yeah I heard about Elder Noorlander's little brother coming to the mission a couple weeks back. Everyone here was honestly shocked, because as far as I know that's never happened. He comes into the mission sometime in December I believe. Well my new companion is Elder Singleton, and as far as I am concerned I hope and pray I only stay with him for this one and only transfer. He was trained by actually my trainer (my 2nd one), Elder Chris

January 14, 2019

Yup transfers happened today and Elder McLaughlin is leaving to go finish training another Elder who just came out 6 weeks ago. He'll do great out there, I'm getting Elder Johnson (he came out into the mission when I was in my 4th transfer in Ontario) and he's from North Carolina! I've served around him quite a bit so this'll be fun! I think PDay will still be the same. We can email from our phones and not everything is closed so it'll be fine, what holiday is coming up? I don't know anything so far as of right now concerning my mission reassignment. It'll probably be talked about later in the future, still up in the air but I believe President Taylor has been talking with the neighboring missions concerning what'll happen.  Mary did pass her baptismal interview though this past Wednesday! She's super excited for her baptism coming up really soon. We started making her baptismal program for her and inviting everyone we know to come and attend.

August 20, 2018

Alright Question time: 1. How'd the week go? Well we had zone conferences so we had it in the desert and the valley so that took out a good chunk of time during the day. But I was able to learn a lot regarding studies and how can we get more out of them. After all the purpose of studying is rooting ourselves more in the gospel and replenishing our understanding. I feel like if we have a purpose of why we are studying or praying to learn about new things it'll be given unto us. 2. Anything exciting? Well recently our mission and a couple missions ran into a little problem. All the missions with technology using the MaaS360 app had a pretty harsh thing happen. Somehow all the apps or things we use got disabled and removed so we no longer have our Area Book Planner, Facebook Messenger, and a ton of other apps that are to make the work move forward. Lots of missionaries called us this morning. I counted 22 phone calls and 11 text messages from all different missionaries