Skip to main content

January 21, 2019

The first week with Elder Johnson went really well! We've served around each other in Ontario and in Apple Valley so being companions makes it a little more fun. He's from North Carolina and he'll hit his year mark this week. Mary's baptism went really good actually! She was nervous at the beginning and she looked so much better. Her son who was baptized 2 years ago bore his testimony during the baptism service and it went really well. She already feels like she has been a part of the ward and now that she has been baptized and confirmed she feels even closer. Darla has been sick ever since she came to church so hopefully we can meet again with her soon. Yeah I got an email from Bryson so hallelujah!

Throughout the week it got pretty stormy over here in Hesperia. We've been getting good amounts of rain and its been getting pretty chilly along with it. I think our little weather app told us at one point it felt like 34 degrees outside. When you got a drizzle of rain, wind, and some winter cold, you better believe it'll make you cold. It was cool though because we found some small acts of service even when it was raining. We met this Chinese man named Ramen? (I must have heard wrong) but he recently moved in and knew little English so we helped him with some boxes before it started raining a little harder. He was super grateful and fun to talk to. 

That was fun to hear you had the chance to go to the temple and go with Dad. We only get to go every now and then, but since Mary got baptized she can get a limited use recommend and we can go with her if we get permission from the Assistants (since the Redlands temple is currently outside the mission). If that happens I'm for sure getting some photos of that as well. Besides from everything that happened this week out here, it was quite the blur. We've been going out knocking doors more on the pure dirt roads and turns out, lots of old people out there. Then you knock the more developed neighborhoods and its families and a more diverse variety. Kind of interesting.

Sorry that the email is a bit shorter than most. Some things came up and I'm trying to do better about "wasting" time on Facebook. Thankfully its usually just on Mondays but it does kind of take me home for a bit so I need to make sure I stay obedient to everything. Trying, thats what matters most. Elder Johnson has been helping me exercise better so it'll be fun!

LOVE YOU MOMMA!! KEEP BEING AMAZING!! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 30, 2018

We had a mission conference yesterday so our preparation day got switched today for the time being. But we might be having a temple trip sometime this next month in November, but I'll try and warn you and everyone in advance. I honestly dont know if I will, just thinking about it makes me queasy. I know that trials are for the better, but I really really really want it to be done. Truly. I'm going to be sending a letter to the Mulder's sometime today or tomorrow, cause I am thankful for them. I dont even know anymore honestly.  Yeah I heard about Elder Noorlander's little brother coming to the mission a couple weeks back. Everyone here was honestly shocked, because as far as I know that's never happened. He comes into the mission sometime in December I believe. Well my new companion is Elder Singleton, and as far as I am concerned I hope and pray I only stay with him for this one and only transfer. He was trained by actually my trainer (my 2nd one), Elder Chris

January 14, 2019

Yup transfers happened today and Elder McLaughlin is leaving to go finish training another Elder who just came out 6 weeks ago. He'll do great out there, I'm getting Elder Johnson (he came out into the mission when I was in my 4th transfer in Ontario) and he's from North Carolina! I've served around him quite a bit so this'll be fun! I think PDay will still be the same. We can email from our phones and not everything is closed so it'll be fine, what holiday is coming up? I don't know anything so far as of right now concerning my mission reassignment. It'll probably be talked about later in the future, still up in the air but I believe President Taylor has been talking with the neighboring missions concerning what'll happen.  Mary did pass her baptismal interview though this past Wednesday! She's super excited for her baptism coming up really soon. We started making her baptismal program for her and inviting everyone we know to come and attend.

August 20, 2018

Alright Question time: 1. How'd the week go? Well we had zone conferences so we had it in the desert and the valley so that took out a good chunk of time during the day. But I was able to learn a lot regarding studies and how can we get more out of them. After all the purpose of studying is rooting ourselves more in the gospel and replenishing our understanding. I feel like if we have a purpose of why we are studying or praying to learn about new things it'll be given unto us. 2. Anything exciting? Well recently our mission and a couple missions ran into a little problem. All the missions with technology using the MaaS360 app had a pretty harsh thing happen. Somehow all the apps or things we use got disabled and removed so we no longer have our Area Book Planner, Facebook Messenger, and a ton of other apps that are to make the work move forward. Lots of missionaries called us this morning. I counted 22 phone calls and 11 text messages from all different missionaries