Skip to main content

December 7, 2019

I'm doing real good thanks for asking! The two hour church was really weird, not having Elder's Quorum right afterwards just felt odd. Yeah and the class right after sacrament meeting was FILLED to the brim, and the fact almost everyone was there was even weirder, it'll take some time to adjust I believe. Those kids are funny, you'll find a way for them to like it and be entertained. As missionaries we just get more time to work now sooooo there's that. I was going to tell you about the mission dissolving but word gets out quick I guess. It'll be interesting, my last tranfer is just going to be a little twisted up but it'll be good. I have a good feeling about it and it'll just be another wild transfer. Speaking of transfers we have another one coming up next Monday so I'll fill you in with what happens when the time comes. 

Thats fun to hear that Bryson got to play some games with people. Kind of miss those days just playing games with family and friends back home. I swear I've thought about home more since it's coming in close, not stopping the work though, still going strong. Tell Savannah I said "Good luck!" she'll do great out there. Glad to also hear that Grant is still playing around in sports. Yeah the gym is a pretty good place. I'm trying to do better with exercising in the morning because after a good little workout you do feel better. All the sickies are gone though, so hoorah. Everytime members ask me how long I've been out they keep saying "Oh man you're almost done" so I've come to accept it. That's funny you are going to be there at the airport for Sister Kerby. The fact she came out with me and is going home before me is almost unfair, but no hard feelings. 

Recently we taught Mary almost all of the commandments and she's on the road to her baptism. She has her interview this Wednesday and is scheduled for January 19th. She's fed us a couple times as well and she's an excellent cook so its always a treat when she has us over and we get to teach her. Prayers out for her as she keeps progressing in the gospel! We have been a lot of finding to look for more people to teach and hopefully I can share some more stories with everyone. 

Recently, you can tell Savannah this, I've been learning how to make sushi. Its a poor start but I'm working on it. I need more ingredients and more experiments to be done as I teach myself. Its kind of hard but I bought a little sushi mat and some other stuff so I'll send some pictures. 

I'm going to try and take more pictures for you during this week and fill you in with more details. When you see Bryson tell that kiddo I miss em and I want him to email me back. Tell Grant he's a boss. And tell Savannah she's a nut. LOVE YA MOMMA!! 

 - Elder Brimhall 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 30, 2018

We had a mission conference yesterday so our preparation day got switched today for the time being. But we might be having a temple trip sometime this next month in November, but I'll try and warn you and everyone in advance. I honestly dont know if I will, just thinking about it makes me queasy. I know that trials are for the better, but I really really really want it to be done. Truly. I'm going to be sending a letter to the Mulder's sometime today or tomorrow, cause I am thankful for them. I dont even know anymore honestly.  Yeah I heard about Elder Noorlander's little brother coming to the mission a couple weeks back. Everyone here was honestly shocked, because as far as I know that's never happened. He comes into the mission sometime in December I believe. Well my new companion is Elder Singleton, and as far as I am concerned I hope and pray I only stay with him for this one and only transfer. He was trained by actually my trainer (my 2nd one), Elder Chris

January 14, 2019

Yup transfers happened today and Elder McLaughlin is leaving to go finish training another Elder who just came out 6 weeks ago. He'll do great out there, I'm getting Elder Johnson (he came out into the mission when I was in my 4th transfer in Ontario) and he's from North Carolina! I've served around him quite a bit so this'll be fun! I think PDay will still be the same. We can email from our phones and not everything is closed so it'll be fine, what holiday is coming up? I don't know anything so far as of right now concerning my mission reassignment. It'll probably be talked about later in the future, still up in the air but I believe President Taylor has been talking with the neighboring missions concerning what'll happen.  Mary did pass her baptismal interview though this past Wednesday! She's super excited for her baptism coming up really soon. We started making her baptismal program for her and inviting everyone we know to come and attend.

August 20, 2018

Alright Question time: 1. How'd the week go? Well we had zone conferences so we had it in the desert and the valley so that took out a good chunk of time during the day. But I was able to learn a lot regarding studies and how can we get more out of them. After all the purpose of studying is rooting ourselves more in the gospel and replenishing our understanding. I feel like if we have a purpose of why we are studying or praying to learn about new things it'll be given unto us. 2. Anything exciting? Well recently our mission and a couple missions ran into a little problem. All the missions with technology using the MaaS360 app had a pretty harsh thing happen. Somehow all the apps or things we use got disabled and removed so we no longer have our Area Book Planner, Facebook Messenger, and a ton of other apps that are to make the work move forward. Lots of missionaries called us this morning. I counted 22 phone calls and 11 text messages from all different missionaries