Skip to main content

December 17, 2018

Concerning all those Christmas questions. I did get the large grocery bag of goodies and all that hot chocolate. It was pretty funny because the Monday of that week I bought a thing of hot chocolate and my companion joked with me how someone would send me hot chocolate, and low and behold it happened. Nobody signed up for Christmas dinner yet and I dont really know what time I'll call you guys. Probably in the evening, but I'll talk with my companion see if his family has plans like that already. Those Christmas packages I'll probably get them tomorrow or later in the week. I'll make sure to take pictures this time for Christmas. 

Yeah it was super weird seeing the Nevitts at the Christmas party. Someone started waving us over and when I saw them I almost did a double take because my mind was going "OK those faces are SUPER familiar... Where have I seen them", then it clicked and it was pretty funny. I'm glad they sent a ton of pictures, I've been trying to do better and better with it. 

We ended up building that Nativity gingerbread thing and we goofed up really bad. Turns out trying to decorate is not my profession. We found a Christmas tree and some lights in the attic of our apartment and we'll hang em up. 

Just this past Tuesday we had dinner with the family of this man named James who joined the church two years ago and his mom, Mary, who wasnt a member, was bringing up and talking about her desire wanting to join the church. (SIDE NOTE), This is literally when a missionary goes insane in the membrane because you dont hear that too often. We started talking about why she had that desire and wanted to follow in with it, and she expressed two things. First, everyone she met at church has been friendly and kind to her, and that its so different from the other churches she uses to attend. And second, she wanted the faith she saw others have and talk about. We promised we could help her as she tried to learn and apply the teachings we share and she accepted the challenge. We scheduled appointments in the future and are laying the foundation for her to walk on. 

Wednesday was an interesting twist. We ended up giving service to a shelter for zoo animals, they had a bear, some tigers, parrots, you name it. I ended up cleaning the bird cages and changing their food and water. One of them was making it extremly difficult because he kept trying to escape so I had to get another Elder while I distracted the bird by making random noises which I am professional in. Then we actually had to clean the ferret cage, which to get the ferrets out of their cage I had to grab them and put them in a crate for the time being. I thought they would attack but thankfully they were super chill, except they were pretty fun to play with a bit. 

Funny little side note. Before I got transferred over to the Ranchero ward I had a ward Christmas party with my last ward on December 1st and since I got moved here I got to have another one on Friday! We ended up wearing bow ties and serving people as they socialized so that was honestly pretty fun. Some people we have been working with came and enjoyed themselves and everyone looked like they were having fun. 

Thanks for sending those photos from the funeral. I can't believe great grandpa Stapley died in 2015, it seemed like not too long ago. I'm glad Bryson enjoyed that date he went on, I've emailed him a couple times but he hasn't responded back since 2 weeks ago so thank you for letting me know how he is. Have fun over there in Alabama, I lived with a missionary for 3 months who was from Alabama, he was an assistant and I loved being around him. 

I LOVE YOU MOMMA!! I actually made a goal to where I would take a picture every single day so keep me accountable and I'll send you photos. Stay safe and have fun! - Elder Brimhall 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 30, 2018

We had a mission conference yesterday so our preparation day got switched today for the time being. But we might be having a temple trip sometime this next month in November, but I'll try and warn you and everyone in advance. I honestly dont know if I will, just thinking about it makes me queasy. I know that trials are for the better, but I really really really want it to be done. Truly. I'm going to be sending a letter to the Mulder's sometime today or tomorrow, cause I am thankful for them. I dont even know anymore honestly.  Yeah I heard about Elder Noorlander's little brother coming to the mission a couple weeks back. Everyone here was honestly shocked, because as far as I know that's never happened. He comes into the mission sometime in December I believe. Well my new companion is Elder Singleton, and as far as I am concerned I hope and pray I only stay with him for this one and only transfer. He was trained by actually my trainer (my 2nd one), Elder Chris

January 14, 2019

Yup transfers happened today and Elder McLaughlin is leaving to go finish training another Elder who just came out 6 weeks ago. He'll do great out there, I'm getting Elder Johnson (he came out into the mission when I was in my 4th transfer in Ontario) and he's from North Carolina! I've served around him quite a bit so this'll be fun! I think PDay will still be the same. We can email from our phones and not everything is closed so it'll be fine, what holiday is coming up? I don't know anything so far as of right now concerning my mission reassignment. It'll probably be talked about later in the future, still up in the air but I believe President Taylor has been talking with the neighboring missions concerning what'll happen.  Mary did pass her baptismal interview though this past Wednesday! She's super excited for her baptism coming up really soon. We started making her baptismal program for her and inviting everyone we know to come and attend.

August 20, 2018

Alright Question time: 1. How'd the week go? Well we had zone conferences so we had it in the desert and the valley so that took out a good chunk of time during the day. But I was able to learn a lot regarding studies and how can we get more out of them. After all the purpose of studying is rooting ourselves more in the gospel and replenishing our understanding. I feel like if we have a purpose of why we are studying or praying to learn about new things it'll be given unto us. 2. Anything exciting? Well recently our mission and a couple missions ran into a little problem. All the missions with technology using the MaaS360 app had a pretty harsh thing happen. Somehow all the apps or things we use got disabled and removed so we no longer have our Area Book Planner, Facebook Messenger, and a ton of other apps that are to make the work move forward. Lots of missionaries called us this morning. I counted 22 phone calls and 11 text messages from all different missionaries