Skip to main content

August 27, 2018

Yup that technology thing was worldwide. And for some odd reason, as soon as tech problem arise everyone calls the Office Elders. I actually counted how many people called and text me and it totaled up to 23 calls and 12 text message conversations. Needless to say that preparation day was full of stress and confusion. But fun nonetheless. Yeah it mostly got fixed, there are a few little hiccups with the system the church uses but it mostly works fine so that's good.

God has a ton of patience and love. And its kind of comforting knowing if He can deal with me and everyone else I can deal with the people I am working with and helping. Kind of a nice little thought even though its kind of antagonizing. Fun to hear about Dad's work going on with LifeVantage, you'll have to send me the picture of that Jeep when you get the opportunity with the logo and everything. Also fun to hear about Savannah with pom and dance, she seems to be running all over the place out there. 

Glad to hear Bryson liked the traffic school, I can't remember if I ever went to one but it he liked it, it must've been good. He's got the looks, he'll find himself someone to ask to Homecoming. Bryson and Grant are getting sidetracked with video games? (looks around), that might be my influence... Whoops. I can imagine its probably frustrating wanting to have people to other things, I won't give any advice since you are the parent, I got nothing on you or Dad. But I know from working with people as a missionary, when people want to change or try and do something else they have to see the benefit that comes from that. Its like the gospel, if you are going to follow the rules while everyone else isn't you need some sort of motivator. I dunno, I'll talk to Bryson through email and ask how things are going. He may or may not have forgotten to email again, don't rag on him though, I got it.

Thats fun to hear, new people means new friends! Its kind of odd with moving to a new area, new ward, and just new people everywhere, its kind of weird but fun at the same time. Labor Day in Greer sounds like blast, everytime I try to think about things back home or things I did there seems to be this kind of mission veil where you don't remember anything. Well you remember somethings, but most of the things its really foggy. Yeah transfers are coming up this September 10th and I am 99.99% percent sure I am leaving the office to move onto a new area. We haven't been able to meet with Chase in awhile, we are hoping to see him tomorrow night. As for the other people we are teaching, they have been extremely silent. 

Its honestly been a struggle out here. I've never been so sure about things but also at the same time so confused in amount of time I have spent out here. As missionaries (here in California at least) we knock a ton of doors, finally find someone who will give us a chance, set up a return time and day, go back, and they aren't home. Then we proceed to keep trying but they are never home or when we finally catch them they say not then but later. Its been almost this cycle for over a year and man its truly rubbing me the wrong way. I thought I should tell you since I know I can trust you and Dad. Its just been frustrating and disappointing knowing what I have to do but everything is affected by the agency of others. Which I shouldn't get frustrated with it but when the joy comes from seeing the fruits of repentance its hard to feel that joy I guess.

Its hard out here, but its for a reason. I don't want you to be worried for my well being. You have to take care of those munchkins and Dad for me while I am gone. We have rough patches, and rough times and we may never know when we'll see the end of the tunnel. But at least we have a guide, telling us its the right way. We just have to keep walking, we can't give up on walking. I LOVE YOU MOMMA!! Keep fighting the good fight, and give everyone a hug for me. Until next week, I'll get some photo to make it up to you.

- Elder Brimhall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 30, 2018

We had a mission conference yesterday so our preparation day got switched today for the time being. But we might be having a temple trip sometime this next month in November, but I'll try and warn you and everyone in advance. I honestly dont know if I will, just thinking about it makes me queasy. I know that trials are for the better, but I really really really want it to be done. Truly. I'm going to be sending a letter to the Mulder's sometime today or tomorrow, cause I am thankful for them. I dont even know anymore honestly.  Yeah I heard about Elder Noorlander's little brother coming to the mission a couple weeks back. Everyone here was honestly shocked, because as far as I know that's never happened. He comes into the mission sometime in December I believe. Well my new companion is Elder Singleton, and as far as I am concerned I hope and pray I only stay with him for this one and only transfer. He was trained by actually my trainer (my 2nd one), Elder Chris

January 14, 2019

Yup transfers happened today and Elder McLaughlin is leaving to go finish training another Elder who just came out 6 weeks ago. He'll do great out there, I'm getting Elder Johnson (he came out into the mission when I was in my 4th transfer in Ontario) and he's from North Carolina! I've served around him quite a bit so this'll be fun! I think PDay will still be the same. We can email from our phones and not everything is closed so it'll be fine, what holiday is coming up? I don't know anything so far as of right now concerning my mission reassignment. It'll probably be talked about later in the future, still up in the air but I believe President Taylor has been talking with the neighboring missions concerning what'll happen.  Mary did pass her baptismal interview though this past Wednesday! She's super excited for her baptism coming up really soon. We started making her baptismal program for her and inviting everyone we know to come and attend.

August 20, 2018

Alright Question time: 1. How'd the week go? Well we had zone conferences so we had it in the desert and the valley so that took out a good chunk of time during the day. But I was able to learn a lot regarding studies and how can we get more out of them. After all the purpose of studying is rooting ourselves more in the gospel and replenishing our understanding. I feel like if we have a purpose of why we are studying or praying to learn about new things it'll be given unto us. 2. Anything exciting? Well recently our mission and a couple missions ran into a little problem. All the missions with technology using the MaaS360 app had a pretty harsh thing happen. Somehow all the apps or things we use got disabled and removed so we no longer have our Area Book Planner, Facebook Messenger, and a ton of other apps that are to make the work move forward. Lots of missionaries called us this morning. I counted 22 phone calls and 11 text messages from all different missionaries