Skip to main content

June 20, 2018

As the usual, questions questions questions! Lets get those answered:

1. I am doing really well thanks for asking! Got to pick up my new companion early and he is a ton of fun. And yup transfers happened on Monday but it will be normal after this week. I'll let you know how the week was in a little bit.
2. The eye appointment went well. Really expensive. And I dont think they used your savings card because I paid for it with my debit card (I paid for half price and will pay the rest the next visit to pick up my new glasses so I'll send you the receipt sometime soon). 

Ok so about my eyes. How did Dennis Stapley go blind? During my meeting with the optometrist he said the pressure of my eyes was looking 28-29 on the left and 23-24 on the right. He said it might have something to do with the nerves in the back of my eyes, I forgot what he called it but I believe it started with a "D". He recommended I meet with another eye doctor when I get back to see what it could be, because apparently its a chance of going blind but its curable. I trust him, he also said people can live with it and never go blind but its rare. Because recently my eyes feel like they have been straining and hurting, hence why I need new prescriptions, a lot of the glasses they had were super expensive so I chose one of the cheapest, but I'll send the receipt home so you have it. Hopefully that doesnt stress you out, just giving the details I guess. 

That is pretty funny how Elder Bryner's mom found you before you found her. And yeah he is a good guy, I'll be looking forward to working with him out here in the office and the field. He is pretty good about taking pictures so hopefully I do better with that as well so you can be satisfied! I made a goal after all, I'll just have Elder Bryner keep my in check.

Glad to that the whole is family doing well. Everything has been going smoothly over here for now. Since we recently rolled out smartphones and implemented some new programs for our mission we seem to be running into more and more problems... Unfortunately they never gave us any "real" training for these sort of things and we have to just keep biting bullets one after another. I should be getting my new glasses sometime soon, hopefully. 

Recently we got one of our investigators Anthony who is actually 17 on a church tour and he really enjoyed it. We are having some troubles with communication with him since he likes skating with his friends and being with his girlfriend but we are working on that. We'll keep him in check and hopefully get him to church soon. Otherwise there wasnt a lot of "missionary work" done this last week with transfers getting ready because we had to drive all over the mission (thankfully just in the valley) to get beds and situations ready for the new missionaries, which we got a ton of them. 9 new Sisters and 2 Elders. Was quite the party.

Frankly I dont have much time left either so I'll have to cut this email kind of short. Hopefully I can do better with next week's and have some better stories or something for you! Unfortunately no pictures this week but I am working on that!! Love you Momma!!!

- Elder Brimhall

Email to dad:

Alright another round of questions, lets get them rolling:

1. My new companion is Elder Bryner, he is from Price Utah. He is a pretty funny guy and reminds me of somebody I used to know so it'll be fun being his companion. He plays the piano really well and loves to keep things clean, really clean... But I am thankful that because I try keeping things clean but he is much better at it than I.
2. What funny things have happened while teaching or contacting? Well for teaching we are teaching somebody who is 17, and he definitely does not look like he is 17. But I can say it is an interesting situation we are working with. But it'll be good. As for contacting... People in the summer love to not be home supposedly and it does not help while in the summer. We tracted an entire street for an hour and only two people answered their doors. So thats been going for us but we are trying to find people to teach because our teaching pool is dwindling and it does not help that our area is the smallest in the mission.
3. Learning from my scripture study? I have been learning a lot from the example of the Lord's servants as I read the Book of Mormon and the Bible recently. Just the examples of humility, love, dedication, and just every attribute Jesus Christ emulated. That and just trying to relate the scriptures to our day. As from our Mission President we have been trying to develop better study habits because its needed out here for sure.

Just this last Saturday, Elder Holland, Elder Soares, Bishop Causee, and Elder Velar came to our mission for a short conference of two hours. It was super amazing. It was great always watching and listening to them speak during General Conference but to shake their hands and look them in the eyes and just listen to them face to face... OH MY GOODNESS, it was incredible. It was like injecting myself with pure spiritual adrenaline into my veins... I just wanted to get out there and start preaching the gospel it was awesome. Elder Holland also pounded the pulpit so that was terrifying but amazing. I loved it.

On top of that recently we took one of our investigators on a church tour. It went really well because after it all we showed him the baptismal font and testified to him what it meant. And he said that would be something he would like to do someday. So hopefully we can keep meeting with him and help him get to the point where he wants to be baptized. But after that we have been struggling in this area in trying to find people to teach, the part we cover in the Victoria ward is pretty tiny and it doesnt help much that the ward itself is super small but its what we have to work with. I'm hoping we can keep working consistently out here.

Besides from everything glad to hear you enjoyed the card. I remember Brother Kempton, he last for a long time. But its peaceful to know that he is in a better place. I'll keep Sister Kempton in my prayers as she keeps going. Sounds like work is going good for you, I dont really know what I am going to do for work when I get back but thankfully I have time before that comes up. Bryson can be a funny guy, I miss him, I miss everyone. But thankfully I know y'all will be alright. 

Sadly I dont have as much time as I would like to email for today since its not an official preparation day but I'll do better next Monday with the email. Happy Father's Day! Maybe Savannah will make it up to you with that sandwich. I'll try and do better with pictures for you and Mom!! LOVE YOU DAD!! 

- Elder Brimhall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 30, 2018

We had a mission conference yesterday so our preparation day got switched today for the time being. But we might be having a temple trip sometime this next month in November, but I'll try and warn you and everyone in advance. I honestly dont know if I will, just thinking about it makes me queasy. I know that trials are for the better, but I really really really want it to be done. Truly. I'm going to be sending a letter to the Mulder's sometime today or tomorrow, cause I am thankful for them. I dont even know anymore honestly.  Yeah I heard about Elder Noorlander's little brother coming to the mission a couple weeks back. Everyone here was honestly shocked, because as far as I know that's never happened. He comes into the mission sometime in December I believe. Well my new companion is Elder Singleton, and as far as I am concerned I hope and pray I only stay with him for this one and only transfer. He was trained by actually my trainer (my 2nd one), Elder Chris

January 14, 2019

Yup transfers happened today and Elder McLaughlin is leaving to go finish training another Elder who just came out 6 weeks ago. He'll do great out there, I'm getting Elder Johnson (he came out into the mission when I was in my 4th transfer in Ontario) and he's from North Carolina! I've served around him quite a bit so this'll be fun! I think PDay will still be the same. We can email from our phones and not everything is closed so it'll be fine, what holiday is coming up? I don't know anything so far as of right now concerning my mission reassignment. It'll probably be talked about later in the future, still up in the air but I believe President Taylor has been talking with the neighboring missions concerning what'll happen.  Mary did pass her baptismal interview though this past Wednesday! She's super excited for her baptism coming up really soon. We started making her baptismal program for her and inviting everyone we know to come and attend.

August 20, 2018

Alright Question time: 1. How'd the week go? Well we had zone conferences so we had it in the desert and the valley so that took out a good chunk of time during the day. But I was able to learn a lot regarding studies and how can we get more out of them. After all the purpose of studying is rooting ourselves more in the gospel and replenishing our understanding. I feel like if we have a purpose of why we are studying or praying to learn about new things it'll be given unto us. 2. Anything exciting? Well recently our mission and a couple missions ran into a little problem. All the missions with technology using the MaaS360 app had a pretty harsh thing happen. Somehow all the apps or things we use got disabled and removed so we no longer have our Area Book Planner, Facebook Messenger, and a ton of other apps that are to make the work move forward. Lots of missionaries called us this morning. I counted 22 phone calls and 11 text messages from all different missionaries