Skip to main content

June 11, 2018

Sounds like you all are having a ton of fun for the summer, thats good! I'll send some photos and a video of me sucking helium out of a balloon, some fun times for the 19th Birthday! Working out is hard, I'll start getting into it then I end up lying on the floor for 10 minutes because I'm lazy, but I'm working on that. 

I cannot remember who that is, but if I saw a picture or something face to face my brain will probably click, then again I am terrible with remembering names anyways. I'M GETTING BETTER, but still bad at it. I've heard of Vanu Atu, a missionary I trained stayed there for 3 months and he said he loved it over there. 

Grant is still crazy over basketball, that munchkin never ceases to amaze me. Sounds like the Finals were fun though, I have realized very quickly how out of the loop missionaries are out here. We hardly hear about news and just about anything that happens. Its really weird but its adjustable. Being in California anyways you still hear the news or even see it wherever you go. 30 to 45 days for a shirt, holy cow, sounds pretty cool. 

I havent gotten my eyes checked out yet but I am scheduled for the appointment on this Friday since that is probably our least busiest day for us in the office. I'll let you know how it goes and the new lenses I get I suppose, with a picture! If I wear my glasses for too long my eyes start straining especially when I am walking around in the sunlight so I have been wearing them less and less until I get better prescriptions. I thought at first it was just all the technology I have been working on but its definitely the glasses, but it'll be alright.

Glad to hear all the kiddos are having fun though. Summer is always fun, but for me it just means more people arent home and its a lot warmer. I'll survive though, being raised in Arizona has trained me for this very moment... I think? Anyways though glad to hear you went on a date, I might plan on doing some of those (after the mission of course). 

Something cool that happened this Saturday though was we were meeting with one of our investigators and he shared with us how he has started praying! He's gone through quite a lot and he said one night he felt like just everything was on top of him but that when he prayed he fell asleep and when he awoke he felt completely fine! He is amazing, we shared with him the Book of Mormon and how it can help us just like prayer and we are going to be meeting with him Tuesday to invite him to start coming to the church building for lessons and also for church meetings! He is an awesome guy. But if that wasnt cool enough as soon as we were walking away a man walked up to us asking "What are you all doing?" We told him we were missionaries for our church and he at first said "Ohhh the Jehovah Witnesses?", and we responded "Well we are actually Mormon." and he asked "What's the difference?" And that openned up into us sharing with him our beliefs and he has noticed that God can help people out in the rough times and he wanted to meet with us. But after he told us he lived in Fontana we told him WE wouldnt be able to teach him but OTHER missionaries would meet with him and he was happy about that. Its pretty outstanding how God places us in the right place at the right time in everything that we do to bless the lives of others and give us those outbursts of joy. 

Missionary work is awesome. I'm going to miss it when its all done. THANKFULLY I GOT AWHILE STILL SO WOOHOO! But anyways thats enough of my blabbering, LOVE YOU MOM!! Here are some pictures and stuff so you can be satisfied. GOO BYEEEE

- Elder Brimhall

(Share the video with the entire family before you watch it, it'll be more entertaining for everyone)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 30, 2018

We had a mission conference yesterday so our preparation day got switched today for the time being. But we might be having a temple trip sometime this next month in November, but I'll try and warn you and everyone in advance. I honestly dont know if I will, just thinking about it makes me queasy. I know that trials are for the better, but I really really really want it to be done. Truly. I'm going to be sending a letter to the Mulder's sometime today or tomorrow, cause I am thankful for them. I dont even know anymore honestly.  Yeah I heard about Elder Noorlander's little brother coming to the mission a couple weeks back. Everyone here was honestly shocked, because as far as I know that's never happened. He comes into the mission sometime in December I believe. Well my new companion is Elder Singleton, and as far as I am concerned I hope and pray I only stay with him for this one and only transfer. He was trained by actually my trainer (my 2nd one), Elder Chris

January 14, 2019

Yup transfers happened today and Elder McLaughlin is leaving to go finish training another Elder who just came out 6 weeks ago. He'll do great out there, I'm getting Elder Johnson (he came out into the mission when I was in my 4th transfer in Ontario) and he's from North Carolina! I've served around him quite a bit so this'll be fun! I think PDay will still be the same. We can email from our phones and not everything is closed so it'll be fine, what holiday is coming up? I don't know anything so far as of right now concerning my mission reassignment. It'll probably be talked about later in the future, still up in the air but I believe President Taylor has been talking with the neighboring missions concerning what'll happen.  Mary did pass her baptismal interview though this past Wednesday! She's super excited for her baptism coming up really soon. We started making her baptismal program for her and inviting everyone we know to come and attend.

August 20, 2018

Alright Question time: 1. How'd the week go? Well we had zone conferences so we had it in the desert and the valley so that took out a good chunk of time during the day. But I was able to learn a lot regarding studies and how can we get more out of them. After all the purpose of studying is rooting ourselves more in the gospel and replenishing our understanding. I feel like if we have a purpose of why we are studying or praying to learn about new things it'll be given unto us. 2. Anything exciting? Well recently our mission and a couple missions ran into a little problem. All the missions with technology using the MaaS360 app had a pretty harsh thing happen. Somehow all the apps or things we use got disabled and removed so we no longer have our Area Book Planner, Facebook Messenger, and a ton of other apps that are to make the work move forward. Lots of missionaries called us this morning. I counted 22 phone calls and 11 text messages from all different missionaries