Skip to main content

February 20, 2018

Yesterday was President's Day so all the libraries were closed but now I have some time to email... Guess like usual lets answer those questions:

1) The week was pretty fun and interesting thanks for asking!
2) Anything new? Well I have a new companion Elder Pedersen from Canada, so that is pretty fun, follow up training him and being a district leader so its gonna be really fun. Yeah its been getting much colder and it is so darn uncomfortable to bike in cold weather at night. I was so cold that I wore gloves and some missionaries at district meeting noticed it and said "You're cold?" and I just starred at them and said "I'm Arizona... Have mercy on me." its fun out here in California weather.
3) Gabriel has been really hard to meet with unfortunately but we are still trying.
4) Elder Pedersen is quite the character. God is really teaching me to love others and take hits that is for sure.
5) I recently just got a postcard with me as a chubby baby with everyone of Dad's family so the Sisters in the zone got to have a nice laugh out of that one. Thanks!
6) Yep time flies, it does indefinitely have wings.

Sounds like you've been having a super fun time back in Arizona by the sound of it. Sadly I don't have a lot of time to email thanks to the nonsense of yesterday but hopefully I'll have pictures for you next time and write better letters. I can say though that I am learning a lot when it comes to the scriptures. Just recently I've been noticing the examples of God's servants and chosen people throughout the scriptures and what they do and what they change about themselves to help others around them. And also how to use the scriptures themselves to teach others so I'm trying to implement that into my life and be a more better servant to others around me.

Altogether though I am sorry for how short this email is but I promise to have pictures (with my camera cord because I always forget that) and do better next week. I love you so much and pray for you always!! Tell everyone I love em!!

From,
Elder Brimhall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 30, 2018

We had a mission conference yesterday so our preparation day got switched today for the time being. But we might be having a temple trip sometime this next month in November, but I'll try and warn you and everyone in advance. I honestly dont know if I will, just thinking about it makes me queasy. I know that trials are for the better, but I really really really want it to be done. Truly. I'm going to be sending a letter to the Mulder's sometime today or tomorrow, cause I am thankful for them. I dont even know anymore honestly.  Yeah I heard about Elder Noorlander's little brother coming to the mission a couple weeks back. Everyone here was honestly shocked, because as far as I know that's never happened. He comes into the mission sometime in December I believe. Well my new companion is Elder Singleton, and as far as I am concerned I hope and pray I only stay with him for this one and only transfer. He was trained by actually my trainer (my 2nd one), Elder Chris

January 14, 2019

Yup transfers happened today and Elder McLaughlin is leaving to go finish training another Elder who just came out 6 weeks ago. He'll do great out there, I'm getting Elder Johnson (he came out into the mission when I was in my 4th transfer in Ontario) and he's from North Carolina! I've served around him quite a bit so this'll be fun! I think PDay will still be the same. We can email from our phones and not everything is closed so it'll be fine, what holiday is coming up? I don't know anything so far as of right now concerning my mission reassignment. It'll probably be talked about later in the future, still up in the air but I believe President Taylor has been talking with the neighboring missions concerning what'll happen.  Mary did pass her baptismal interview though this past Wednesday! She's super excited for her baptism coming up really soon. We started making her baptismal program for her and inviting everyone we know to come and attend.

August 20, 2018

Alright Question time: 1. How'd the week go? Well we had zone conferences so we had it in the desert and the valley so that took out a good chunk of time during the day. But I was able to learn a lot regarding studies and how can we get more out of them. After all the purpose of studying is rooting ourselves more in the gospel and replenishing our understanding. I feel like if we have a purpose of why we are studying or praying to learn about new things it'll be given unto us. 2. Anything exciting? Well recently our mission and a couple missions ran into a little problem. All the missions with technology using the MaaS360 app had a pretty harsh thing happen. Somehow all the apps or things we use got disabled and removed so we no longer have our Area Book Planner, Facebook Messenger, and a ton of other apps that are to make the work move forward. Lots of missionaries called us this morning. I counted 22 phone calls and 11 text messages from all different missionaries