Skip to main content

Hey Mom!

Sounds like you and the family have had quite the adventure this past week. Sorry to hear about Grant's arm, hopefully it heals quickly and he will be able to play the sports he loves to play. Those garbage cans can be really mean and rude sometimes, I've almost ran into a couple of them while riding around on my bike as well, so you can let Grant know he isn't the only one who watches out for those.  I wish I could have spent more time with Bryson before I left, that's one thing I plan on doing when everything here is said and done.

Me and Elder de la Torre have been getting along more and more and actually we've been teaching even better in unity and in spirit so its super awesome actually. Plus his Spanish speaking is super useful in this area because there are a lot of Spanish speaking people. So at the end of the trial mission he will get his call letter from Salt Lake to whether or not he will serve I guess a full time mission so we'll see how that goes but I hope he gets to stay in the mission. But for sure he goes home for a week back home to prepare and find out I believe. Yeah he is teaching me some Spanish so its pretty darn helpful.

 Actually just this week we were teaching Rafael, one of our new investigators who talked with missionaries in the past. And he actually had a question about where did we go after we pass away and so we taught about the Plan of Salvation that God has for each and everyone of us. And he said it all made sense and that is what God would want for his children. He had looked into other religion and it was just you believe in God and if you didn't well that is bad for you pretty much. And with that we invited him to be baptized and he said he would when he found for himself that this is true. And he mentioned that he really wants to know, so it was SUPER COOL. This week has just been full of interesting things and we actually had a Zone Conference this past Wednesday where we talked a lot about how Faith defeats Fear and talked about the 1st Kings 17:8-16. Its a super cool scripture about that widow had to have the faith that she and her son would be alright if they served Elijah the prophet first. The scriptures have so much meaning to today its SO COOL! 

I actually haven't been using like any of my personal debit card funds. I've been pretty smart with the amount of money the church provides to missionaries which off of $150 a month I seem to be doing really solid because as of today I still have around $154 on my MSF card. I don't need anything but thank you though! Gotta make sure I have room for my stuff and I have accumulated a couple things while out here in the mission so I am doing pretty good! And yeah I did get the package of sunshine, I was pretty surprised and actually as a missionary we aren't supposed to chew gum while we go out so the only time I get to chew that stuff is while in my apartment so it'll last for while!

This week has been super interesting and faith building. I just hope and pray that God will place me in someone's path to help them everyday so I need to do my part and FIND THAT PERSON. The mission is really cool, and just wouldn't change it for anything right now hopefully. But altogether I love you so much and pray for you always! Can't wait to hear from you next week!

From,
Elder Brimhall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 30, 2018

We had a mission conference yesterday so our preparation day got switched today for the time being. But we might be having a temple trip sometime this next month in November, but I'll try and warn you and everyone in advance. I honestly dont know if I will, just thinking about it makes me queasy. I know that trials are for the better, but I really really really want it to be done. Truly. I'm going to be sending a letter to the Mulder's sometime today or tomorrow, cause I am thankful for them. I dont even know anymore honestly.  Yeah I heard about Elder Noorlander's little brother coming to the mission a couple weeks back. Everyone here was honestly shocked, because as far as I know that's never happened. He comes into the mission sometime in December I believe. Well my new companion is Elder Singleton, and as far as I am concerned I hope and pray I only stay with him for this one and only transfer. He was trained by actually my trainer (my 2nd one), Elder Chris

January 14, 2019

Yup transfers happened today and Elder McLaughlin is leaving to go finish training another Elder who just came out 6 weeks ago. He'll do great out there, I'm getting Elder Johnson (he came out into the mission when I was in my 4th transfer in Ontario) and he's from North Carolina! I've served around him quite a bit so this'll be fun! I think PDay will still be the same. We can email from our phones and not everything is closed so it'll be fine, what holiday is coming up? I don't know anything so far as of right now concerning my mission reassignment. It'll probably be talked about later in the future, still up in the air but I believe President Taylor has been talking with the neighboring missions concerning what'll happen.  Mary did pass her baptismal interview though this past Wednesday! She's super excited for her baptism coming up really soon. We started making her baptismal program for her and inviting everyone we know to come and attend.

August 20, 2018

Alright Question time: 1. How'd the week go? Well we had zone conferences so we had it in the desert and the valley so that took out a good chunk of time during the day. But I was able to learn a lot regarding studies and how can we get more out of them. After all the purpose of studying is rooting ourselves more in the gospel and replenishing our understanding. I feel like if we have a purpose of why we are studying or praying to learn about new things it'll be given unto us. 2. Anything exciting? Well recently our mission and a couple missions ran into a little problem. All the missions with technology using the MaaS360 app had a pretty harsh thing happen. Somehow all the apps or things we use got disabled and removed so we no longer have our Area Book Planner, Facebook Messenger, and a ton of other apps that are to make the work move forward. Lots of missionaries called us this morning. I counted 22 phone calls and 11 text messages from all different missionaries