Skip to main content

Hey Ma! Hey Dad!

OK before I start typing I am at the library and forgot to bring my camera with me so I PROMISE WITH ALL MY HEART that there will be pictures next week. I know I am super irresponsible when it comes to giving pictures just bare with me here. Yeah actually I got to goto that mall, its the Ontario Mills Mall and its in our zone so we got to go there for Preparation Day, got to roam around and look at everything, was pretty fun. I'll look at the serial number too and let you know with the model name as well next P-Day. 

How's it going Dadio? How's work treating you and the kids? If they aren't behaving just wait about over a year and a half and I'll come give em a little talk. Just kidding though! I got the little picture from Savi with her ram prize with the "Pew Pew". Really looks like she had a good time with you and everyone else, she is definitely a better shot than me. 

Everything here has been doing pretty well though! Unfortunately me and my companion keep running into every bike mechanic problem known on planet earth. We are going to try and fix everything hopefully today so we can get back on track with our work efficiency. We've had to walk practically everywhere and we can't get to everyone we want to talk to so it kind of stinks but we are trying out best. Just yesterday we were able to teach someone who moved into our apartment complex from the islands of Samoa. Gabriel has a lot of Mormon friends so we started talking with him and hopefully he'll have the desire to learn more! On top of that we have been doing our best to help our investigators progress in the gospel and talk to everyone around us.

My companion Elder de la Torre only has two weeks left and then he goes home from his 2-Transfer mission and that is when the Quorum of the Twelve will I guess decide whether or not he needs to serve a full time mission. He has progressed so much from when I first became his companion but there is still room for improvement because we are all human beings. All together it'll be sad when he has to leave but that's life so we just go on with what our Heavenly Father has planned for us.

On my mission I've grown to LOVE the scriptures so much more than I ever could imagine. I took for granted the power behind from knowing and reading the gospel that I grew up with and I'm sorry for not appreciating it until now while I am out here. Just everytime that I read the Book of Mormon or the Bible just something new sticks out to me, its so weird and spooky but its just super cool. Also the power of prayer is just phenomenal. 

Everything has been going pretty well over here though. I look forward to reading the email you'll send sometime today, just today we decided to email earlier today because why not. But anyways I LOVE YOU!! Be safe and tell everyone I said "Hi!"

From,
Elder Brimhall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 30, 2018

We had a mission conference yesterday so our preparation day got switched today for the time being. But we might be having a temple trip sometime this next month in November, but I'll try and warn you and everyone in advance. I honestly dont know if I will, just thinking about it makes me queasy. I know that trials are for the better, but I really really really want it to be done. Truly. I'm going to be sending a letter to the Mulder's sometime today or tomorrow, cause I am thankful for them. I dont even know anymore honestly.  Yeah I heard about Elder Noorlander's little brother coming to the mission a couple weeks back. Everyone here was honestly shocked, because as far as I know that's never happened. He comes into the mission sometime in December I believe. Well my new companion is Elder Singleton, and as far as I am concerned I hope and pray I only stay with him for this one and only transfer. He was trained by actually my trainer (my 2nd one), Elder Chris

January 14, 2019

Yup transfers happened today and Elder McLaughlin is leaving to go finish training another Elder who just came out 6 weeks ago. He'll do great out there, I'm getting Elder Johnson (he came out into the mission when I was in my 4th transfer in Ontario) and he's from North Carolina! I've served around him quite a bit so this'll be fun! I think PDay will still be the same. We can email from our phones and not everything is closed so it'll be fine, what holiday is coming up? I don't know anything so far as of right now concerning my mission reassignment. It'll probably be talked about later in the future, still up in the air but I believe President Taylor has been talking with the neighboring missions concerning what'll happen.  Mary did pass her baptismal interview though this past Wednesday! She's super excited for her baptism coming up really soon. We started making her baptismal program for her and inviting everyone we know to come and attend.

August 20, 2018

Alright Question time: 1. How'd the week go? Well we had zone conferences so we had it in the desert and the valley so that took out a good chunk of time during the day. But I was able to learn a lot regarding studies and how can we get more out of them. After all the purpose of studying is rooting ourselves more in the gospel and replenishing our understanding. I feel like if we have a purpose of why we are studying or praying to learn about new things it'll be given unto us. 2. Anything exciting? Well recently our mission and a couple missions ran into a little problem. All the missions with technology using the MaaS360 app had a pretty harsh thing happen. Somehow all the apps or things we use got disabled and removed so we no longer have our Area Book Planner, Facebook Messenger, and a ton of other apps that are to make the work move forward. Lots of missionaries called us this morning. I counted 22 phone calls and 11 text messages from all different missionaries