Skip to main content

Hello Mom and Dad!!

Glad to hear everyone is doing really well! What is actually funny is since I was still a little sick I called the mission nurse and she asked me who she just saw, and mentioned Mom dropping by with Sister Kerby's mom dropping off gifts so that caught me off guard. But that is super awesome that you took the time and love to give gifts to everyone! Time can fly by pretty quickly sometimes and other days it just seems to drag on for awhile but all together I've been out for more than 4 months now... Time really has just flew. And YES we do get to talk on Christmas using Skype, I recently got an email from my Mission President with information on rules and regulations. We get about 30-40 minutes at the maximum and I believe we'll be able to text your number with the member's phone or call ahead as we prepare to Skype (the Hannett Family offered their home for Skyping for us). But for everything pertaining to that on Christmas Day even though its supposed to be our Preparation Day we won't be preparing that day, we'll be doing our normal proselyting and Preparation Day will be on December 26th. And since the next P-Day is New Years all the libraries will be closed most likely so I won't be able to email for awhile then I think.

But all together everything is going pretty well here in Victorville California! Me and Elder Olson have been hitting the pavement and did quite some service for members and other people around us like setting up a Christmas tree, lights, moving stuff out of a shed, and just serving the community. But all together its been quite an eventful week but this upcoming week is just gonna be an adventure nonetheless. We've been spreading the #LightTheWorld initiative wherever we go and mostly its been a lot of positive results and feedback from members and nonmembers alike! Just this week me and Elder Olson were able to pick up two new investigators where one is a mother of 6 children who wants her children to grow up in the gospel and knowledge of their Savior. And the other is David who has been struggling with hope and faith after his children never contacting him and his divorced wife never wanting to hear from him either, so he is very receptive to what we have to share with him. And just the other day we ran into a man named Daniel who said he is 90% Mormon and we asked what the other 10% was and he said he didn't know, so we'll help him figure out that other 10% is.

But this week has been pretty interesting. This upcoming week is Christmas and I'm going on exchanges with the two other Elders in my District and they both speak fluent english so we'll be able to talk with everyone!

Thank you Mom and Dad for everything you have done for me. I can't wait to Skype the family next week and I'll stay focused on the work and remain true to the faith and work that I've been set aside to perform here!

Love you lots!!
Elder Jarom Brimhall  



The e-mail sent to my parents and siblings:
Christmas time is rapidly approaching and we are coming to an of the #LightTheWorld for this season in the short time that is left. The opportunities we've had to be the light of Christ unto others has been pretty awesome, we've seen results from people who are members and non members of the church and they are just as excited to serve those around them! Its a miracle that we are blessed with the knowledge of the birth of Jesus Christ and how we can share this story with others and bring them the joy we have.

Altogether this week has been pretty eventful but has flown by REALLY quick, pretty much like the wind here in the desert of Victorville. Elder Olson and I recently had the opportunity to go caroling with our ward youth and spread the Christmas joy in a dinky little lawn mower train that our bishop rented! We also had the opportunity to set up lights for people's homes, decorate a tree, move some furniture for someone who had an accident to their family, and many other things! When you ask for ways to serve its going to be placed right in front of you, most of the time. On top of everything we also met a lot of really nice people who might want to draw closer to their Savior and learn more about His restored gospel and how it can help them, so hoping for that Christmas miracle!

Our Mission President thought it would be best on Christmas Day (since it is a Monday and usually be our preparation day) to move it to the next day of December 26th. He wants us to serve the Lord during this special day and I hope to brighten someone else's Christmas that day! But I'm looking forward to Skyping the family on that day, it's been a little while since I've talked with them and I'm looking forward to it but still remaining focused on the work, hopefully!

I love you all and pray for you all daily, thank you so much for the support and love you all give!!

From,
Elder Jarom Brimhall

(I asked him what time we get to Skype on Christmas - he said: Sometime at night, I do not know any actual time details sadly. I was hoping to set up a time with them but they weren't at church today so we'll have to call them and find out. But we'll figure something out, maybe give them your phone number or something so they can plan with you and us when we are going to Skype.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 30, 2018

We had a mission conference yesterday so our preparation day got switched today for the time being. But we might be having a temple trip sometime this next month in November, but I'll try and warn you and everyone in advance. I honestly dont know if I will, just thinking about it makes me queasy. I know that trials are for the better, but I really really really want it to be done. Truly. I'm going to be sending a letter to the Mulder's sometime today or tomorrow, cause I am thankful for them. I dont even know anymore honestly.  Yeah I heard about Elder Noorlander's little brother coming to the mission a couple weeks back. Everyone here was honestly shocked, because as far as I know that's never happened. He comes into the mission sometime in December I believe. Well my new companion is Elder Singleton, and as far as I am concerned I hope and pray I only stay with him for this one and only transfer. He was trained by actually my trainer (my 2nd one), Elder Chris

January 14, 2019

Yup transfers happened today and Elder McLaughlin is leaving to go finish training another Elder who just came out 6 weeks ago. He'll do great out there, I'm getting Elder Johnson (he came out into the mission when I was in my 4th transfer in Ontario) and he's from North Carolina! I've served around him quite a bit so this'll be fun! I think PDay will still be the same. We can email from our phones and not everything is closed so it'll be fine, what holiday is coming up? I don't know anything so far as of right now concerning my mission reassignment. It'll probably be talked about later in the future, still up in the air but I believe President Taylor has been talking with the neighboring missions concerning what'll happen.  Mary did pass her baptismal interview though this past Wednesday! She's super excited for her baptism coming up really soon. We started making her baptismal program for her and inviting everyone we know to come and attend.

August 20, 2018

Alright Question time: 1. How'd the week go? Well we had zone conferences so we had it in the desert and the valley so that took out a good chunk of time during the day. But I was able to learn a lot regarding studies and how can we get more out of them. After all the purpose of studying is rooting ourselves more in the gospel and replenishing our understanding. I feel like if we have a purpose of why we are studying or praying to learn about new things it'll be given unto us. 2. Anything exciting? Well recently our mission and a couple missions ran into a little problem. All the missions with technology using the MaaS360 app had a pretty harsh thing happen. Somehow all the apps or things we use got disabled and removed so we no longer have our Area Book Planner, Facebook Messenger, and a ton of other apps that are to make the work move forward. Lots of missionaries called us this morning. I counted 22 phone calls and 11 text messages from all different missionaries