Skip to main content

11/13/17 Hello Family!

Sounds like you guys are having a ton of fun! Bet Thanksgiving will be a blast and I hope everything goes well for you all in the coming week. Some people I've been working with are Arleen who is in her 40s and works in a hospital and has been accepting the gospel REALLY well. Another is Isaiah who is only 12 years old and he wanted to learn more about God. Then there's DJ who is 17 and he's been looking for a stronger relationship with God. Those are the most consistent investigators then there's other people who I love so dearly but their schedules are just out of whack. Me and Elder Olson have been having member dinners like EVERY NIGHT and it  really helps because we get to know the ward more and learn to love and help them more. Meal wise though we get a ton of different varieties of foods and its usually delicious and when we make dinner for ourselves (which isn't very often) I make couscous and some bean/cheese tortillas on the griddle pan we have. I've been doing very well with budgeting myself and still having food and money for emergencies I suppose (at least more than others apparently so yay?)

Everything has been going well here in the mission field. Work has been picking up a lot recently with every day that we go out in faith. Even though we get rejected, denied, or just shooed away there are others still out there waiting for someone to reach out to them. It is hard though out here because most people say they just goto church and they are fine and dandy, but its not just about going to church. It's living the gospel every day and being that example of Christ unto others and people do notice that difference. But me and Elder Olson have been blessed with so many potential people and less actives to visit and teach that almost we can't get to them all in a week AND we are still trying to find others to talk to so work here is going and going.

I do have some pictures though for everyone so HAPPY DAY.

But I pray for you all always and I hope everything goes well for yeah!! If you email me fast enough I can probably reply soon but time is at the essence and emails gotta gooooooo.

Love your eldest son (puns),
Elder Brimhall 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 30, 2018

We had a mission conference yesterday so our preparation day got switched today for the time being. But we might be having a temple trip sometime this next month in November, but I'll try and warn you and everyone in advance. I honestly dont know if I will, just thinking about it makes me queasy. I know that trials are for the better, but I really really really want it to be done. Truly. I'm going to be sending a letter to the Mulder's sometime today or tomorrow, cause I am thankful for them. I dont even know anymore honestly.  Yeah I heard about Elder Noorlander's little brother coming to the mission a couple weeks back. Everyone here was honestly shocked, because as far as I know that's never happened. He comes into the mission sometime in December I believe. Well my new companion is Elder Singleton, and as far as I am concerned I hope and pray I only stay with him for this one and only transfer. He was trained by actually my trainer (my 2nd one), Elder Chris

January 14, 2019

Yup transfers happened today and Elder McLaughlin is leaving to go finish training another Elder who just came out 6 weeks ago. He'll do great out there, I'm getting Elder Johnson (he came out into the mission when I was in my 4th transfer in Ontario) and he's from North Carolina! I've served around him quite a bit so this'll be fun! I think PDay will still be the same. We can email from our phones and not everything is closed so it'll be fine, what holiday is coming up? I don't know anything so far as of right now concerning my mission reassignment. It'll probably be talked about later in the future, still up in the air but I believe President Taylor has been talking with the neighboring missions concerning what'll happen.  Mary did pass her baptismal interview though this past Wednesday! She's super excited for her baptism coming up really soon. We started making her baptismal program for her and inviting everyone we know to come and attend.

August 20, 2018

Alright Question time: 1. How'd the week go? Well we had zone conferences so we had it in the desert and the valley so that took out a good chunk of time during the day. But I was able to learn a lot regarding studies and how can we get more out of them. After all the purpose of studying is rooting ourselves more in the gospel and replenishing our understanding. I feel like if we have a purpose of why we are studying or praying to learn about new things it'll be given unto us. 2. Anything exciting? Well recently our mission and a couple missions ran into a little problem. All the missions with technology using the MaaS360 app had a pretty harsh thing happen. Somehow all the apps or things we use got disabled and removed so we no longer have our Area Book Planner, Facebook Messenger, and a ton of other apps that are to make the work move forward. Lots of missionaries called us this morning. I counted 22 phone calls and 11 text messages from all different missionaries