Skip to main content

10/10/2017 Its Now Been 2 Months?

Yesterday was Columbus Day or something so the library was closed, oh well.

Everything has been going pretty well, still learning in the mission field and I swear everyday I read the scriptures I learn something new, like every dang time. I've read the Book of Mormon more than once but reading it in the mission field, I seem to pick up some pretty key things that are like *BOOM* new concept that gets you hooked and thinking.

I did try on the jacket and it its a bit baggy and big. But when it does get colder I'll try it on and see how it goes when I'm proselyting in it. To be honest, no tears were shed when Elder Ruiz left and it was just a hug and good luck and be safe on the flight back home. It didn't feel too hard but I know he'll do great back home. And yup I'm staying in Victorville still, the work continues! My new companion is Elder Olson, super great guy and funny to talk with, we literally had the best conversations already and I just met him yesterday. Unfortuntately I didn't take a picture of us together sooo I'll get on top of that for next email day.

Everyday consists of work, but I love it to be honest, it keeps yourself busy and while I am talking or teaching everyone about Jesus Christ and everything pertaining to the gospel it fills me with joy. Because some people never grew up knowing they we all are beloved children of our Father in heaven and the joy we can feel when we know for ourselves. Having the knowledge and the opportunity to read the scriptures, pray, attend church, and so many other ways to come closer to following Jesus Christ's example is such a blessing.

I was reading in Alma today actually and while I was reading somewhere in Chapters 50-52 I came across a scripture where the Nephites were happier than they ever have been while keeping the commandments. Some people see the commandments we have as restrictive and "no fun". But it is true happiness, nothing is better than having the mindset of "We are Children of a kind and loving Heavenly Father". 

Thats awesome that everyone is having fun and enjoying themselves! I pray for you guys always and be safe while on Fall Break, it'll be fun!

From,
Elder Brimhall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 30, 2018

We had a mission conference yesterday so our preparation day got switched today for the time being. But we might be having a temple trip sometime this next month in November, but I'll try and warn you and everyone in advance. I honestly dont know if I will, just thinking about it makes me queasy. I know that trials are for the better, but I really really really want it to be done. Truly. I'm going to be sending a letter to the Mulder's sometime today or tomorrow, cause I am thankful for them. I dont even know anymore honestly.  Yeah I heard about Elder Noorlander's little brother coming to the mission a couple weeks back. Everyone here was honestly shocked, because as far as I know that's never happened. He comes into the mission sometime in December I believe. Well my new companion is Elder Singleton, and as far as I am concerned I hope and pray I only stay with him for this one and only transfer. He was trained by actually my trainer (my 2nd one), Elder Chris

January 14, 2019

Yup transfers happened today and Elder McLaughlin is leaving to go finish training another Elder who just came out 6 weeks ago. He'll do great out there, I'm getting Elder Johnson (he came out into the mission when I was in my 4th transfer in Ontario) and he's from North Carolina! I've served around him quite a bit so this'll be fun! I think PDay will still be the same. We can email from our phones and not everything is closed so it'll be fine, what holiday is coming up? I don't know anything so far as of right now concerning my mission reassignment. It'll probably be talked about later in the future, still up in the air but I believe President Taylor has been talking with the neighboring missions concerning what'll happen.  Mary did pass her baptismal interview though this past Wednesday! She's super excited for her baptism coming up really soon. We started making her baptismal program for her and inviting everyone we know to come and attend.

August 20, 2018

Alright Question time: 1. How'd the week go? Well we had zone conferences so we had it in the desert and the valley so that took out a good chunk of time during the day. But I was able to learn a lot regarding studies and how can we get more out of them. After all the purpose of studying is rooting ourselves more in the gospel and replenishing our understanding. I feel like if we have a purpose of why we are studying or praying to learn about new things it'll be given unto us. 2. Anything exciting? Well recently our mission and a couple missions ran into a little problem. All the missions with technology using the MaaS360 app had a pretty harsh thing happen. Somehow all the apps or things we use got disabled and removed so we no longer have our Area Book Planner, Facebook Messenger, and a ton of other apps that are to make the work move forward. Lots of missionaries called us this morning. I counted 22 phone calls and 11 text messages from all different missionaries