Skip to main content

August 19, 2017

August 19 2017: Survived a Week and Half (HAHA)


So Missionary life is pretty interesting here in the MTC and I'm starting to get the hang of it. Waking up earlier at like 6:20AM and going to bed around 10:30PM, sometimes longer if we are having some deep or entertaining conversations together at night. Also Mom, THANK YOU for everything you have taught me and pushed me to do, and that Letter, I look at it every now and then because its a great pick me up if I ever get doubtful at what I'm trying to do here at the MTC. So I know I'll do my absolute best for the people of Rancho Cucamonga (when I do get there) which is like coming up pretty quickly now that I think about it. Time has reaaaaaally flown by when you are in tune with the spirit and hard at work (while also enjoying some laughs together as a Zone/District).

We got the start doing something called TRC (Training Research Center) which is we teach investigators about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and lessons pertaining what we can share with them. But I noticed that its a LOT harder than it looks (mostly because its a new thing I'm learning) but we get 2 Investigators which we get to teach for 30 mins during 4 Days of the week, its pretty crazy not gonna lie. I'm glad to be able to participate in this though because  feel like I get an understanding of what it'll be like in the field, but I get to really LOVE them. I get to know things about them, their family, their life, and just be able to be there for them in a way. I get to share them the love of Christ and teach them the doctrines and gospel and I get to see it in their eyes and smiles. Not only that but the Spirit I feel when I bear my Testimony or hearing my Companions is just like, sends chills done my arms and spine, its amazing.

I got all the Packages and Letters from you guys and I found it pretty funny, you guys brought me more food but I'm getting so well fed (while also eating healthy, well mostly). And I'll try and write those thank you letters and other things for you guys when I get the chance of course, but today is P-Day so I'm bound to have some time. 

Me and my Companion, Elder Furse (James Steheli Furse) have been developing a great relationship and personally I've come to love him more. He is 22 but not only that, his "Missionary Conversion Story" is crazy amazing and I'll have to tell you sometime but I'm limited time on Emails sooooo yeah. 

I'll try and Email more effectively and efficiently as time passes on, but I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

From your Son (duh),
Jarom Brimhall err- Elder Brimhall 

PS: Yes I am taking pictures so I'll send those sometime soooonish, just gotta make sure I send as many emails as possible in my limited time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 30, 2018

We had a mission conference yesterday so our preparation day got switched today for the time being. But we might be having a temple trip sometime this next month in November, but I'll try and warn you and everyone in advance. I honestly dont know if I will, just thinking about it makes me queasy. I know that trials are for the better, but I really really really want it to be done. Truly. I'm going to be sending a letter to the Mulder's sometime today or tomorrow, cause I am thankful for them. I dont even know anymore honestly.  Yeah I heard about Elder Noorlander's little brother coming to the mission a couple weeks back. Everyone here was honestly shocked, because as far as I know that's never happened. He comes into the mission sometime in December I believe. Well my new companion is Elder Singleton, and as far as I am concerned I hope and pray I only stay with him for this one and only transfer. He was trained by actually my trainer (my 2nd one), Elder Chris

January 14, 2019

Yup transfers happened today and Elder McLaughlin is leaving to go finish training another Elder who just came out 6 weeks ago. He'll do great out there, I'm getting Elder Johnson (he came out into the mission when I was in my 4th transfer in Ontario) and he's from North Carolina! I've served around him quite a bit so this'll be fun! I think PDay will still be the same. We can email from our phones and not everything is closed so it'll be fine, what holiday is coming up? I don't know anything so far as of right now concerning my mission reassignment. It'll probably be talked about later in the future, still up in the air but I believe President Taylor has been talking with the neighboring missions concerning what'll happen.  Mary did pass her baptismal interview though this past Wednesday! She's super excited for her baptism coming up really soon. We started making her baptismal program for her and inviting everyone we know to come and attend.

August 20, 2018

Alright Question time: 1. How'd the week go? Well we had zone conferences so we had it in the desert and the valley so that took out a good chunk of time during the day. But I was able to learn a lot regarding studies and how can we get more out of them. After all the purpose of studying is rooting ourselves more in the gospel and replenishing our understanding. I feel like if we have a purpose of why we are studying or praying to learn about new things it'll be given unto us. 2. Anything exciting? Well recently our mission and a couple missions ran into a little problem. All the missions with technology using the MaaS360 app had a pretty harsh thing happen. Somehow all the apps or things we use got disabled and removed so we no longer have our Area Book Planner, Facebook Messenger, and a ton of other apps that are to make the work move forward. Lots of missionaries called us this morning. I counted 22 phone calls and 11 text messages from all different missionaries