Skip to main content

November 26, 2018

Lets start off with answering those questions. For Thanksgiving we spent the entire day walking trying to talk to anyone outside, we walked to the bottom of our ward to the top, but we had Thanksgiving dinner with our ward mission leader. It was a ton of fun and we got to spend 3 hours over there! I was on exchanges in that other Elder's area and she took us out, she was super sweet. Yeah I got all the packages, there is so much stuff I dont know how I'm gonna take everything with me wherever I go. I'm grateful for it though, please try not to send anything else till Christmas 😅. You two are coming again? That'll be funny. From my interview with President Taylor it sounds like I'll be leaving this area, so we'll see what happens I guess. 

In terms of the Axio you could send some more of whatever flavor for Christmas. In terms of you wanting to know what I want for Christmas. I wanna say you guys can come up with whatever you think best. I really dont NEED anything, I got plenty of clothes but my suits are getting pretty tight. Maybe just money? I'll leave it up to the kiddos and you and Dad with what you think best, make it a surprise I suppose. 

Hopefully Savannah is starting to feel better, its no fun to get sick at all. The gingerbread houses looked like a ton of fun, I swear Bryson looks like he is getting taller every photo you send. Tell Bryson I'm gonna get on him if he doesnt email me back. I'm thinking of sending some Christmas presents to the kiddos and you two for this year (some of it will be stuff I'm sending home that I bought out here). Its been fun to hear back what is happening back home. We ended up driving to Big Bear today for our preparation day and checking out the area. We have a TON of miles so we checked out the lake, the snow resorts up there, and some stores. I took some photos so I'll make sure to send those your way before the preparation day ends. 

This past week almost felt the same as the other weeks. We keep doing a ton of walking and knocking and trying to just fill our day with meaningful activities. I have to ask you a question though Mom, what do I do when my companion doesnt want to do anything I want to do or think is right? How do I help him actually want to listen to me or actually care? We had a random person walk up to us last week saying he wanted to change his life but that was a week ago, and Elder Singleton doesn't want to call him and just keeps saying "We'll visit him later"... Its frustrating that the very person I'm supposed to work with is utterly against me. 

Something interesting that happened from this week that was out of the ordinary. We went to visit a recent convert to the church who hadn't attended in awhile and he was all bloodied up on the floor, his girlfriend hit him in the head with a baseball bat and there was a good sized gash above his eye. Thankfully Dad taught me a ton when it comes to doctor kind of stuff, and I was able to clean up his wounds and apply pressure to his wound. We ended up calling President Taylor who called for an ambulance to come pick him up. It was just really strange because he seemed like he was out of it, he kept holding my hand and saying random things for 40 minutes until help arrived. 

Otherwise if you ask any questions or things I'll try and respond back as soon as I can because I'm running out of things to talk about. Going to Big Bear took a really long time so I'll try and respond back! I LOVE YOU MOMMA!!! 

 - Elder Brimhall 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 30, 2018

We had a mission conference yesterday so our preparation day got switched today for the time being. But we might be having a temple trip sometime this next month in November, but I'll try and warn you and everyone in advance. I honestly dont know if I will, just thinking about it makes me queasy. I know that trials are for the better, but I really really really want it to be done. Truly. I'm going to be sending a letter to the Mulder's sometime today or tomorrow, cause I am thankful for them. I dont even know anymore honestly.  Yeah I heard about Elder Noorlander's little brother coming to the mission a couple weeks back. Everyone here was honestly shocked, because as far as I know that's never happened. He comes into the mission sometime in December I believe. Well my new companion is Elder Singleton, and as far as I am concerned I hope and pray I only stay with him for this one and only transfer. He was trained by actually my trainer (my 2nd one), Elder Chris

January 14, 2019

Yup transfers happened today and Elder McLaughlin is leaving to go finish training another Elder who just came out 6 weeks ago. He'll do great out there, I'm getting Elder Johnson (he came out into the mission when I was in my 4th transfer in Ontario) and he's from North Carolina! I've served around him quite a bit so this'll be fun! I think PDay will still be the same. We can email from our phones and not everything is closed so it'll be fine, what holiday is coming up? I don't know anything so far as of right now concerning my mission reassignment. It'll probably be talked about later in the future, still up in the air but I believe President Taylor has been talking with the neighboring missions concerning what'll happen.  Mary did pass her baptismal interview though this past Wednesday! She's super excited for her baptism coming up really soon. We started making her baptismal program for her and inviting everyone we know to come and attend.

August 20, 2018

Alright Question time: 1. How'd the week go? Well we had zone conferences so we had it in the desert and the valley so that took out a good chunk of time during the day. But I was able to learn a lot regarding studies and how can we get more out of them. After all the purpose of studying is rooting ourselves more in the gospel and replenishing our understanding. I feel like if we have a purpose of why we are studying or praying to learn about new things it'll be given unto us. 2. Anything exciting? Well recently our mission and a couple missions ran into a little problem. All the missions with technology using the MaaS360 app had a pretty harsh thing happen. Somehow all the apps or things we use got disabled and removed so we no longer have our Area Book Planner, Facebook Messenger, and a ton of other apps that are to make the work move forward. Lots of missionaries called us this morning. I counted 22 phone calls and 11 text messages from all different missionaries