Skip to main content

June 4, 2018

So my eyes have been straining a lot and I think I am going to be trying to get new glasses with a new prescription. Our mission nurse called you I believe to see if I have any eye insurance. Do I have any? And could you let me know the details if at all possible? Thank you Mom! I'll send my regular email later today just sending a quick one this morning BYE!! LOVE YA!!

Question Answer Time!
1. My birthday was pretty fun. (I got some pictures and a video to send home so that'll be fun). On my birthday was our car fast so we got to bike to the mission office and bike for the entire day without our car! I'll talk into more detail about that later.
2. Yep the package got in on Thursday I think so the day before my birthday. Was perfect timing. Loved everything in there it was pretty awesome!
3. We ate out at Taco Bell for lunch and just ate dinner at home but I used the cookbook I got to make some fine omelets so it was pretty great!
4. I emailed Hunter last week and we was so surprised how I got his email. I simply used his first name then last name with the regular church email and it got to him. Smarticle particles baby!
5. We didnt get to listen to the devotional unfortunately but I knew President Nelson was asking all the young men and women to prepare for it and it sounds like a lot of fun. It'll be great to hear back from it.
6. In the office we usually put in baptism records, clean the chapel, put in numbers for the mission and keep record for everything in check. And ordering supplies and getting supplies ready for all the missionaries in the mission. And we help with housing and bedding needs for new missionaries or new housing apartments being closed or opened to missionaries. So its a lot but fun.

Working out is hard honestly, I try and do push ups and sit ups with everything along with it but I get tired and just lay on the floor thinking about lots of different things. I lose focus a lot while trying to exercise, I'll keep trying over here. Savannah will be fine waking up early, we doesn't have her annoying alarm clock called the Jarom 2000 but she has other means in which she can be woken up at least. Maybe make a alarm clock that will shoot slime on Savannah's face to wake up, that'll maybe work, just an idea though.

Alright I was just wondering about the glasses, just after awhile my eyes will start straining and feel uncomfortable so I'll figure something out. But if I don't have an eye insurance then I'll ask my mission nurse about going to Costco sometime and getting new prescriptions. Is it just the health insurance you gave to me to take on the mission? Because I still have those papers if that is what I'm supposed to take otherwise I'll just go and pay for it or something like that to make it easier. I dunno, life is funny.

Glad to hear that Bryson is getting along with everyone, he's super funny and I enjoyed the gift I'm guessing he sent me, dunno what the team is supposed to represent but it definitely looks cool so I'll wear it when I get the chance. Savannah still crazy good about dance just like usual, she'll go far with what she loves. And good ol' Grant going for the baskets with the ball, (I have no idea what I am saying at this point, losing focus boom happens all the time). Altogether though glad to hear that everyone is having fun out there. Thanks for sending that package, still trying to learn how to draw, but I'll get there little by little I suppose!

I got an email I think from the stake back home about the special fast for Arizona and I definitely prayed for that. I fasted for a couple other things as well but that was definitely on my list! Our mission also did a bike fast on the day of my birthday so we gotta bike to the mission office so that was fun, a little warm that day while biking but definitely was enjoyable. And on that same day we picked up a new investigator named Anthony who we'll be meeting with this week tomorrow hopefully! He definitely wants God more in his life and I'm glad to be able to be the instrument there in God's hands to fulfill that purpose.

Altogether though love y'all a ton! Thanks Mom for everything! Glad you didn't come visit, my mission president would have been concerned, and I would be in some deep doo doo, but hay all is good!! I gotta get going but I love you a ton Momma!! Keep cool out there!!

- Elder Brimhall

(Email to Dad)
Question Answering Time:
1. Everything is going pretty well over here. We picked up a new investigator named Anthony who has gone through some rough patches in life but he appreciated the fact we take time out of our day to talk to him and he sounds like he wants to change. And we taught the Restoration to him and he loved it, we have a return appointment with him this upcoming Tuesday so praying for that.
2. For transfers we help with bedding runs, making manuals for the new missionaries coming in which I think we have 12 coming in on June 18 so that'll be fun. Also make sure all the missionaries are updated in the system with their new numbers and just making sure it all runs smoothly. And if needed we become a Uber Driver per say for the missionaries, sometimes not all the time. Thankfully!
3. Phones are going smoother now, everyone is getting the hang of things now but we have been getting some problems where I honestly dont know. And we cant use Google because its not a church approved website to look things up so we gotta discern the crap outta these phones. Its fun, but I definitely do not want to work in a tech support or a call center. I'll be fine without it personally! But its all good all laughter aside.

Yeah our ward over here shrunk as well as soon as the summer hit, we didn't have anyone from the bishopric so the Elder's Quorum President had to conduct and the Stake President came. Sounds like the lake was a ton of fun, wish I had enjoyed it more honestly because I dont get to go in the water for 2 years... My mistake I suppose but oh whale. I heard about that Youth Fireside, it sounded like there was a lot of preparation going up to it and while me and Elder Clawson were in the office for a little bit we listened to the "Be One" Broadcast which was awesome, loved a lot of the things that were shared and performed.

So something that happened really cool, on my birthday nonetheless. We picked up that new investigator Anthony who me and the zone leader met on exchanges and we came back with me and Elder Clawson. He didn't seem open at first but after we started sharing the Restoration and asking about what he thought he always questioned and wondered what is of God and if it was his own head. He had gone through a lot in life and just doesnt know what he is supposed to do, but when we got to know him and shared the Restoration he loved it, and we are meeting with him this Tuesday so hopefully that works out and we can help him get to church!

Besides from everything though its been a lot of fun out here. It's been getting warmer now into the 90s almost and walking around with a shirt, dress slacks, and a tie is definitely not comfortable. But its doable, but definitely not the ideal fashion line of nowadays, but thank goodness for these shorter sleeves! Oh also I did try that Macaroni & Cheese with the Sushi in the back thing and left it over night in the fridge. It was kind of bland in my opinion, but it was OK. Personally I wouldn't make it again but it was alright.

Over here though everything is going forward in the mission field, enjoying the life and making the best of things. Love you Dad!! I'm always praying for y'all back home and I did fast for the rain to happen in Arizona so I guess we'll see what happens from that. But gotta get moving daddio, LOVE YA A TON!! Lemme know how work goes for you and how everyone is doing, I'm trying to take more pictures for Mom so just keep reassuring her that its alright I'll send some things! (Definitely not smirking while writing that).

- Elder Brimhall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 30, 2018

We had a mission conference yesterday so our preparation day got switched today for the time being. But we might be having a temple trip sometime this next month in November, but I'll try and warn you and everyone in advance. I honestly dont know if I will, just thinking about it makes me queasy. I know that trials are for the better, but I really really really want it to be done. Truly. I'm going to be sending a letter to the Mulder's sometime today or tomorrow, cause I am thankful for them. I dont even know anymore honestly.  Yeah I heard about Elder Noorlander's little brother coming to the mission a couple weeks back. Everyone here was honestly shocked, because as far as I know that's never happened. He comes into the mission sometime in December I believe. Well my new companion is Elder Singleton, and as far as I am concerned I hope and pray I only stay with him for this one and only transfer. He was trained by actually my trainer (my 2nd one), Elder Chris

January 14, 2019

Yup transfers happened today and Elder McLaughlin is leaving to go finish training another Elder who just came out 6 weeks ago. He'll do great out there, I'm getting Elder Johnson (he came out into the mission when I was in my 4th transfer in Ontario) and he's from North Carolina! I've served around him quite a bit so this'll be fun! I think PDay will still be the same. We can email from our phones and not everything is closed so it'll be fine, what holiday is coming up? I don't know anything so far as of right now concerning my mission reassignment. It'll probably be talked about later in the future, still up in the air but I believe President Taylor has been talking with the neighboring missions concerning what'll happen.  Mary did pass her baptismal interview though this past Wednesday! She's super excited for her baptism coming up really soon. We started making her baptismal program for her and inviting everyone we know to come and attend.

August 20, 2018

Alright Question time: 1. How'd the week go? Well we had zone conferences so we had it in the desert and the valley so that took out a good chunk of time during the day. But I was able to learn a lot regarding studies and how can we get more out of them. After all the purpose of studying is rooting ourselves more in the gospel and replenishing our understanding. I feel like if we have a purpose of why we are studying or praying to learn about new things it'll be given unto us. 2. Anything exciting? Well recently our mission and a couple missions ran into a little problem. All the missions with technology using the MaaS360 app had a pretty harsh thing happen. Somehow all the apps or things we use got disabled and removed so we no longer have our Area Book Planner, Facebook Messenger, and a ton of other apps that are to make the work move forward. Lots of missionaries called us this morning. I counted 22 phone calls and 11 text messages from all different missionaries