Skip to main content

April 16, 2018

No questions this time, you made my life so much easier thanks Mom! And if you read this email and start to beat yourself about not sending an email yesterday or today don't worry about it. I still love you just like the wonderful example you are! The best thing is going to be shared at the end anyways. Leaves more room to tell some stories in the email now!

I guess I'll start with sharing a funny story that actually just happened yesterday. An hour right before church was going to start me and my companion were going about trying to talk to people and invite them to come to church. We started talking to this one dude washing his car with his child and while we were just talking with him I felt a really hard "splat" hit me on the head and see something on my glasses. And my immediate thought was "You have got to be kidding me right now. No way..." And as soon as we started walking away I asked my companion "I just got crapped on didn't I?" and he looked over and his eyes got wide and just burst out in laughter. A bird pooped on me, but it was a really bad poop, like diarrhea poop bad. I now hate birds. (Dad will get a really good kick out of this one). 

Recently last Wednesday we met with one of our investigator families here and when we went over they had a TON of questions to ask us and it was pretty awesome. They both are "Catholic" but non practicing and its the closest religious background they have. But they had a ton of questions that they couldn't answer and it felt pretty awesome being able to answer most of their questions and we didn't argue or dispute in anyway. Its like how it should be, it shouldn't be an argument and tornado of opinions of who knows more, its just the knowledge that God has given us and with the Book of Mormon and they church that Jesus Christ heads we can answer those questions that everyone has. And we actually have a lesson scheduled with them tonight with a member coming with us so I'm looking forward to that.

I got a haircut today. Wasn't able to take a picture of it though sadly so I'll make sure to do that for you next week. I know I am terrible with emailing pictures but hopefully this additional tool called a "smartphone" might kind of solve the problem for ya. Anyways though thanks for that email about the whole card get swiped thing and I'm extremely careful when using money. No worries mom, I got this under control. Kind of.

Love you Mom! Give Bryson a birthday hug for me because I know he loves hugs (Sarcasm maybe?). I love him, let him know that. Talk to ya next week Momma!!

- Elder Brimhall

Next e-mail, same day:
I just read the email you sent. It didn't come through at all so I'm sorry to hear about that. Hopefully those shots work out for you, I am pretty sure it hurt like heck, just thinking about needles being stuck in you just sends shivers for me. I don't have a lot of time left but I was able to read all of it. Sounded like quite the week for ya! Lemme know how all the projects and selling go. And yes my companion does know I was born in Texas but I'm not a "true" Texan I guess. I don't know, can't really say I am but I gotta a little bit of it in me. I'll keep Grandpa Loveland in my prayers for sure, but the best thing is if he does pass away we know Heaven'y Father will be waiting for him. But besides from that I gotta get going. Love ya Mom and I skimmed through the email so I'll try and read it next week. LOVE YAAAA!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 24, 2018

Did You Think to Pray? I actually took pictures this week. And for some odd reason this computer is denying me the right to access those photos... Hold back the pitchforks for now, I'll fix the problem sometime soon. But besides from that one. The title comes from a praying mantis I saw while knocking on doors. I went to go ring a doorbell and there is this giant praying mantis guarding the bell. I ended up not wanting to fight the thing and knocked on the door. Something our mission does every transfer (which is a six week period of time kept by missionaries), we have this thing called a zone conference. And all the missionaries here in the desert got together. Which is always a fun experience being out for little over 13 months now seeing people I've grown to meet and love during my time here and catching up with them. But the whole reason we got together was to learn and grow in our service out here. And something that stuck out to me was learning to set goals, but mo...

November 4, 2018

Dear Elder Brimhall, Hey bud! Hope you're doing a bit better than last week. Last weeks email was hard to read...but I'm also grateful that you're sharing what you're feeling. I hope you can continue to be that open and honest with us. Please don't stop writing. I don't think I could handle that. We got to talk to President Taylor again on Friday night. He said that he had just talked to you and you seemed to be doing a bit better. He said that counseling seemed to be helping some too. Do you feel like your counselor is a good fit with you? Bryson is going to counseling weekly too and I've noticed he seems to be doing quite a bit better. We went to dinner at Karli's house tonight. Garrett turned 12 last week and received the Aaronic priesthood today. Crazy to believe that Grant is next for that. We had 3 different kinds of soups, homemade rolls, and then Karli had made a double chocolate layer cake with crumbled up Heath candy bar on top. Pre...

Weekly Email (9/18/2017)

The first Jacket looks really good, the IZOD Men's Resistant Midweight Jacket with Polar Fleece Lining. Yeah I noticed and heard from other people in the area that it can get pretty cold, even though we are in the desert (who knew?). But I have heard from Grandma Kathy every week but not from any of the cousins, Hunter did email in the first week but I think he is plenty busy. I'm glad to see everyone is having fun and doing well, and nice job with Savannah giving that talk during Sacrament meeting, it can be a little nerve racking getting up and talking to everyone. But we eventually can break down those barriers and build up our confidence in physical and spiritual means. I've learned just from walking up and down streets, knocking on doors, and sharing our message with everyone to "Come unto Christ" that it will take some time for me to just walk up to EVERYONE that I feel like I should talk to and just start talking. Its still new to me and to be honest its ha...