Skip to main content

February 26, 2018

No I don't need gloves. No I don't need scarves. No I don't need sweaters. No I don't need a warmer coat. And No I don't need money on my account I'll live but thank you! I don't really need anything if anything I have things that I DON'T NEED and might consider buying a box and shipping it home to make room for things I "collect" around the mission. Thank you though! Just wait for the birthday mark for me I guess, got some good amount of time before that comes up so don't worry!

The week went pretty good, definitely better than last week. Elder Pederson is feeling homesick for his family back home and other things he is working through. But otherwise when we get to work and stay obedient we do pretty alright. We are working through some things and working together the best we can so we CAN work together in unity because heaven knows I need companion unity so the Spirit can testify what we teach. He is kind to me and we actually get along pretty well, but nothing is perfect in life we know that.

We found a new investigator named Abram Yates who is Catholic and originally only wanted to hear what we had to talk about God and said "You can't convert me..." but by utilizing the HowToBeginTeaching points we redirected his thoughts and words to our purpose and the lesson went really well but there is still much room for improvement. And another investigator this week was Armondo who was a referral, for when we knocked on his door he told us he had just got home 5 minutes ago and could give us time to talk and share our message with him. We've had a lot of really cool moments where God's timetable is a lot better than the daily planning schedule we can come up with. Our contacting was also a lot better than last weeks so we'll continue to improve with every step into every day. Me and Elder Pedersen also got to have quite a couple awesome lessons with our investigators this week, we even recommitted on of our investigators to follow Moroni's promise and with "real intent" reading the Book of Mormon so this week has been pretty great.   

That's unfortunate about the championship game, it sounded pretty close. That is unfair though in all honesty, but even when we lose we learn something to improve and do better so that's a positive outlook on things! Man I miss YC's, that is some good food right there. No I haven't found any good ones yet but then again I haven't really tried looking so that's my bad I suppose. I don't get time to really look for these things anyways being cooped up in one area and then on bike, plus money budgeting so maybe for when I get back.

Its been fun but I gotta run now! I pray for you all always and hope for everyone! Gotta send a lot of emails out so tell the kiddos I said Hi! Thanks MOM!!

- Elder Brimhall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 24, 2018

Did You Think to Pray? I actually took pictures this week. And for some odd reason this computer is denying me the right to access those photos... Hold back the pitchforks for now, I'll fix the problem sometime soon. But besides from that one. The title comes from a praying mantis I saw while knocking on doors. I went to go ring a doorbell and there is this giant praying mantis guarding the bell. I ended up not wanting to fight the thing and knocked on the door. Something our mission does every transfer (which is a six week period of time kept by missionaries), we have this thing called a zone conference. And all the missionaries here in the desert got together. Which is always a fun experience being out for little over 13 months now seeing people I've grown to meet and love during my time here and catching up with them. But the whole reason we got together was to learn and grow in our service out here. And something that stuck out to me was learning to set goals, but mo...

November 4, 2018

Dear Elder Brimhall, Hey bud! Hope you're doing a bit better than last week. Last weeks email was hard to read...but I'm also grateful that you're sharing what you're feeling. I hope you can continue to be that open and honest with us. Please don't stop writing. I don't think I could handle that. We got to talk to President Taylor again on Friday night. He said that he had just talked to you and you seemed to be doing a bit better. He said that counseling seemed to be helping some too. Do you feel like your counselor is a good fit with you? Bryson is going to counseling weekly too and I've noticed he seems to be doing quite a bit better. We went to dinner at Karli's house tonight. Garrett turned 12 last week and received the Aaronic priesthood today. Crazy to believe that Grant is next for that. We had 3 different kinds of soups, homemade rolls, and then Karli had made a double chocolate layer cake with crumbled up Heath candy bar on top. Pre...

Weekly Email (9/18/2017)

The first Jacket looks really good, the IZOD Men's Resistant Midweight Jacket with Polar Fleece Lining. Yeah I noticed and heard from other people in the area that it can get pretty cold, even though we are in the desert (who knew?). But I have heard from Grandma Kathy every week but not from any of the cousins, Hunter did email in the first week but I think he is plenty busy. I'm glad to see everyone is having fun and doing well, and nice job with Savannah giving that talk during Sacrament meeting, it can be a little nerve racking getting up and talking to everyone. But we eventually can break down those barriers and build up our confidence in physical and spiritual means. I've learned just from walking up and down streets, knocking on doors, and sharing our message with everyone to "Come unto Christ" that it will take some time for me to just walk up to EVERYONE that I feel like I should talk to and just start talking. Its still new to me and to be honest its ha...