Skip to main content

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

(Holly) Best. Morning. EVER!!! Cassie and I became instant friends when we found out our kids were serving in the same mission. We practically live down the street from each other and have never met. We recently contacted the mission president of the Rancho Cucamonga Mission and asked if there were any missionaries that weren't getting packages this Christmas. Cassie and I got the opportunity to adopt 10 missionaries!! With the help of family and friends we were able to provide Christmas for all 10 missionaries! Since there were so many gifts we decided to drive the 5 hours to Rancho Cucamonga (with the mission president's permission) and deliver the gifts. Luckily, our missionaries are 1 hour away so no temptations. This was the best part of Christmas! The tears were flowing for us and the office couples. I lost it when the elders showed up at the mission office. They told us about the missionaries that were receiving these gifts and also gave us sweet insight on our own missionaries. It truly was a gift to us! A sweet experience I will never, ever forget!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 24, 2018

Did You Think to Pray? I actually took pictures this week. And for some odd reason this computer is denying me the right to access those photos... Hold back the pitchforks for now, I'll fix the problem sometime soon. But besides from that one. The title comes from a praying mantis I saw while knocking on doors. I went to go ring a doorbell and there is this giant praying mantis guarding the bell. I ended up not wanting to fight the thing and knocked on the door. Something our mission does every transfer (which is a six week period of time kept by missionaries), we have this thing called a zone conference. And all the missionaries here in the desert got together. Which is always a fun experience being out for little over 13 months now seeing people I've grown to meet and love during my time here and catching up with them. But the whole reason we got together was to learn and grow in our service out here. And something that stuck out to me was learning to set goals, but mo...

November 4, 2018

Dear Elder Brimhall, Hey bud! Hope you're doing a bit better than last week. Last weeks email was hard to read...but I'm also grateful that you're sharing what you're feeling. I hope you can continue to be that open and honest with us. Please don't stop writing. I don't think I could handle that. We got to talk to President Taylor again on Friday night. He said that he had just talked to you and you seemed to be doing a bit better. He said that counseling seemed to be helping some too. Do you feel like your counselor is a good fit with you? Bryson is going to counseling weekly too and I've noticed he seems to be doing quite a bit better. We went to dinner at Karli's house tonight. Garrett turned 12 last week and received the Aaronic priesthood today. Crazy to believe that Grant is next for that. We had 3 different kinds of soups, homemade rolls, and then Karli had made a double chocolate layer cake with crumbled up Heath candy bar on top. Pre...

Weekly Email (9/18/2017)

The first Jacket looks really good, the IZOD Men's Resistant Midweight Jacket with Polar Fleece Lining. Yeah I noticed and heard from other people in the area that it can get pretty cold, even though we are in the desert (who knew?). But I have heard from Grandma Kathy every week but not from any of the cousins, Hunter did email in the first week but I think he is plenty busy. I'm glad to see everyone is having fun and doing well, and nice job with Savannah giving that talk during Sacrament meeting, it can be a little nerve racking getting up and talking to everyone. But we eventually can break down those barriers and build up our confidence in physical and spiritual means. I've learned just from walking up and down streets, knocking on doors, and sharing our message with everyone to "Come unto Christ" that it will take some time for me to just walk up to EVERYONE that I feel like I should talk to and just start talking. Its still new to me and to be honest its ha...